Transmitter protocols

Reaction score
The Phantom FC40s have transmitters that work in Tradition, D-Bus and PPM protocols, with D-Bus being the one it uses.

Do Phantom 1 transmitters also have these 3 choices?

And what protocol(s) do Flamewheel 550s use?

The reason I ask is that a guy I know built a 550 kit. His transmitter does not have a single switch to choose between GPS and ATT modes, so he is unable to do a compass calibration.

I thought that if he could bind his Phantom 1 transmitter to it, he could get his compass calibration done.

Thanks.

The transmitter/receiver in your FC40 are specifically D-bus, it's the NAZA that's flexible enough to accept any of those 3 common protocols.

The final model of the P1 (1.1.1) used D-bus, the models before that had PPM instead.

Your friend should be able to do what you're suggesting, he'll just need to identify the type of P1 he has so he can connect it properly to the NAZA (I'm assuming that's what he has) on his 550 and choose the appropriate option in the software.

Thanks. He has been stuck on this for a while. Hopefully he can take his 550 off of the tether soon!

No problem...and let him know to keep that workaround handy, he may need to calibrate again at some point.

Do you know what controller he's using? Depending on what adjustments it allows, even a single 2-position switch can often be used to choose between GPS and ATTI modes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.