Transmitter Limit Reduced in Canada?

Reaction score
I just read an online review posted on the site where I bought my P3S that says the "transmitter range is limited to 500M as opposed to the 1000M range in the US, as determined by GPS coordinates".

This is the first I've come across this info. Google and Bing searches are too loaded with "transmitter range" hits to be able to wade through...

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The range will be reduced when the transmitter is in CE mode. It'll auto switch between FCC and CE based on the Phantom's current GPS location.

Thank you... just went over the manual again and found it. You beat me.

Is there a way to know what mode you're in?

And how does this affect my interest in a range extender, like the ARGtek or DBS systems?

Last edited:
I don't know about the rest of the world, but the US and Canada are FCC.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but the US and Canada are FCC.

I'd have thought so too, but when I try to enable maximum flight distance, I'm only offered 15-500M as an option.

I've heard a suggestion to leave that box blank, but that's not an option; you aren't able to tap "done" if you leave it blank.

They're easy to fly out of the box but there is definitely a learning curve if you want to know it inside out.

I'm wondering if Litchi has the same built in restriction...

You don't need to enter a value in that box. Just disable the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Enable Max Distance" setting in DJI GO. You'll then be able to fly until the remote controller disconnects.

Ok, so I'm looking at it counterintuitively. I was assuming that by "enabling maximum distance", I'm "allowing it to travel maximum distance"...

But really, I'm "limiting maximum distance". Understood. I will disable that again.

And I'll try to figure out why a fellow Canadian reviewer feels that we are on the CE standard, which is what started all this in the first place.

Thanks again.

That terminology is a result of Chinese translation at some point I figure. Yes, don't enable max distance, it's a limit.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

Continuing along the same thread, I am from the UK so of course it is in CE mode, yet I have have downloaded the Magic Power mod which is supposed to raise the transmitter signal to get better video feedback.

My question, how do I find out how the mod has improved the signal? Is there a setting or menu I can check it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31