Transmitter control signals, keyboard/mouse control

Reaction score
I want to be able to control my P3S with keyboard and mouse but haven't found anyone doing this so please let me know if it has been done (google and search here)!

If not, I was wondering if anyone know what signals the control sticks send out and the gimbal tilt (board level, not RF transmission). Are the sticks just analog pots? Digital? Are they a subsystem and send something over SPI/I2C?

I would basically take a keyboard/mouse input, and emulate the control sticks and gimbal tilt. So please point me in the right direction if anyone has taken a transmitter apart and put the control components on a scope.

If you are wondering why, it is because I am not sure I will ever be able to use the transmitter as well as keyboard/mouse combo. I could never get the hang of using playstation or xbox controllers.. too old I guess!

Typical r/c joystick pots are Gnd on one side and +3.3VDc on the other.

I have not measured the DJI units but would expect them to be similar due to industry standard components.

Thank you for the information. I will keep my eyes peeled for a used transmitter to take apart and verify. The plan is to use an Arduino to take PS2 inputs and simulate the joystick pots. Here is a simulation of the output with mouse movement (pre analog filter).

Edit: bad link!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik