Transmitter calibration

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Total newbie here so sorry if I'm asking the most obvious question.

I have just updated the DJI Phanton Vision. After this I tried to connect my phantom to the iPhone app and got the message that the transmitter needs calibration. Also my transmittor has a constant yellow light. I've looked but could only find how to calibrate the compass. Can anyone pls tell me how to do the same to the transmitter? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You can do a basic calibration from within the Vision Assistant software. Plug the aircraft into your computer and look under the Basic tab and you'll find it.

If that still doesn't sort it you may need to plug in the transmitter to the computer - but that's a little more involved so we'll cross that bridge if we need to!

Pull_Up said:
You can do a basic calibration from within the Vision Assistant software. Plug the aircraft into your computer and look under the Basic tab and you'll find it.

If that still doesn't sort it you may need to plug in the transmitter to the computer - but that's a little more involved so we'll cross that bridge if we need to!

So this is what I did

01) Powered on the transmitter, extender and then the drone.
02) Opened the app and connected the drone to my Mac.
03) In basic settings started the calibration, and after moving the sticks pressed finished(All cursors in middle of the channel)
04) Disconnected the drone, powered off and then powered on everything.

Sadly status of the yellow light on the transmitter still the same. When its switched on its green for 1 second, then blinks 3-4 times and stays at yellow(Orangish yellow)

I forgot to mentioned that once I updated the drone firmware initially I changed the setting on the transmitter from CE to FCC. Could this have caused the issue?

Update:

I followed the instructions to link the receiver by doing the following steps:

Power off the remote controller, power on the aircraft. You will see the link indicator blinking red.(It was blinking red)
2. Press the link button with a thin object and hold until the link indicator blinks yellow. Release the link
button.(Did this exactly)
3. Power on the remote controller and the link indicator should switch off. This indicates that the link has
been successfully established.(THis happened as well however the light on the receiver is still yellow)

You need to update he firmware on the controller. You have to use the RC Assistant to up date the controller. If you are using a Mac it will not up date the controller. You have to use windows with the RC Assistant. I re-boot my iMac with bootcamp into windows to do the up date. If you can't do that you will need to use a PC computer to do the up date. To access the usb port on the controller you need to take the back off the controller and plug it into your computer. There are videos on the web to show you how to open the controller. (sorry, I don't have the links).

Fixed it!!!!!

:) So happy and relieved. THANK YOU ALL(Sorry for the caps)

I updated it via the RC, then calibrated and its good to go.

Once again thank you everyone. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20