Transmitter batteries

Reaction score
Is there anything that gives a warning for low transmitter batteries? I have some in it now that are not rechargeable, I figured I would just use them up and put my rechargeable ones in. Does the transmitter beep or does the light change color or something to indicate the batteries are low?

It shows up in the app in the upper right hand corner.

--- edit ---

Oops, I'm wrong, just the flight battery and the range extender battery status appear there (page 32 of the latest manual). Not sure about the RC transmitter.

IIRC I think the light on the transmitter will also blink in red when the batteries are getting low and then it turns into a solid red when the battery level is dangerously low.

Not 100% sure though so you might want to check this out in the manual as well.

Edit to add that I just looked this up myself in the manual and what I said above is not 100% correct. The light on the RC will blink slowly in red when the batteries are getting low and then blink fast in red when the battery level is critical.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the transmitter LED flash when it is sitting idle for an extended period, along with an audible warning?. Once you move the sticks the lights go off and the audible alarm stops.

dannytroy said:
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the transmitter LED flash when it is sitting idle for an extended period, along with an audible warning?. Once you move the sticks the lights go off and the audible alarm stops.
Mine will flash green after 15 mins of non-use, but nothing audible (that I can hear!). And yes, it goes back to solid green when I move a stick.

DownunderPhantom said:
Yes, the LED will change colour and there will be an audible warning... It has happened to me... Another thing that may happen is that you may get reduced distances from your bird.

Sorry Geert didn't see your reply...

Please don't spread this.
It is not true.

(emphasis added in bold)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic