Transmitter Batteries

Reaction score
I am curious what type of batteries people are using in their radio? Regular Alkaline, Rechargeable, Lithium, something else? I have always used the regular alkaline but was wondering if other folks think something else is better and why. I soured on rechargeable batteries long before getting the Phantom because they just didn't last very long before the charger refused to charge them.

\\FCD\\

I use generic alkaline type.
No need to spend big bucks.
Obviously the more expensive typically the longer they will last if change-out frequency is an issue.

The Tx is regulated and will provide 100% power output until the 'low batt.' alarm kicks-in.
This level differs a bit between Phantom models but is explained in the manual(s).

N017RW said:
Obviously the more expensive typically the longer they will last if change-out frequency is an issue.

The Tx is regulated and will provide 100% power output until the 'low batt.' alarm kicks-in.
This level differs a bit between Phantom models but is explained in the manual(s).

Does the 1st phantom have a low battery signal? If so it doesnt work on mine.I had a crash due to low batteries in transmitter,it gives me no warning

htownphantom said:
Does the 1st phantom have a low battery signal? If so it doesnt work on mine.I had a crash due to low batteries in transmitter,it gives me no warning

The transmitter should beep like crazy on low batteries. But Phantom 1 has no audible low battery indicator, only LED from the back.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... troduction

htownphantom said:
N017RW said:

This manual:

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.7_en.pdf

...on page 9 says it does.

Mine must be broken,I do not get an alarm.I thought maybe the red lights would blink differently or something but they dont

I currently use the eneloop batteries I purchased them at Cosco with the charger, these batteries are used for professional photography as well

ran the Duracell alkaline batteries that the seller i bought my p2v from supplied now i use rechargeable batteries (i use multiple sets so i can charge a set while i use a set)

the brand is Duracell and energizer of both rechargeable batteries

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4