Transferring footage to an Android tablet

Reaction score
Hi all, techie question here....

Can I connect my P3S to my Android Tablet via Micro USB to Micro USB lead? Trying to go from the gimbal USB port to my Samsung tablet, thinking it will show up as a mass shortage device and allow me to transfer my photos/videos faster than wireless?? My laptop is a bit too slow to do much with editing and the tablet is technically more powerful.

Not sure if it will work or not? Any thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure.. but it all hinges on your Android device being able to use OTG or not. If it can, an easier way is to get an OTG to USB cable and a micro SD card USB reader. You'd then simply plug the OTG cable into your Android device, place the micro SC card in the card reader and plug the card reader into the OTG cable. Done deal. I've done this using my Nvidia Shield and it works just fine.

Reactions: Andy Roberts
My Samsung Note 4 came with a microUSB to female USB, so that means it supports OTG mode to connect a peripheral like a usb flash drive (or a drone). Without that, your phone is the peripheral and just wants to be a mass storage to a PC.

I think it's very unlikely that your tablet is "faster" that a PC/laptop. One issue with PC is that the video editing software is lacking. I got MS Movie Maker for Win 10, and watched some videos. I think it's at least as good as the DFI Go app, and there are good sources of music, etc avail for free.

Pull the video to your laptop and take a look. I think you'll be happy with the usb transfer.
Good luck
Larry

Hi Larry, thanks for that. Will have a look at Movie Maker. Problem is, my laptop is about 2-3 years old with a 1ghz processor and 2gb ram. The tablet is an quad core 1.9ghz with 3gb ram.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 - Full phone specifications

Really want a Mac, but budget etc!! The laptop was brilliant on win7 but on 10 it's sooooo slow I just can't be bothered!! Both the Wife and I use tablets most of the time so never bothered upgrading. Was looking for the easiest way to quickly transfer images/video. I have ordered an OTG card reader off Amazon for £6 so that should do the trick until I can afford a better PC!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik