Transfer 4k video from SD to iPhone 6s Plus

Reaction score
Has anyone transferred their 4k video shot with a P4 to their iPhone 6s Plus?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark C.
Has anyone transferred their 4k video shot with a P4 to their iPhone 6s Plus?

The best way is to transfer using the SD card. When you transfer by exporting from the DJI Go app, you don't get as good of a down load. The transfer from the app is good for viewing your shots before you leave your shoot. I use an adapter and download the SD card to my MacBook and erase the SD after downloading. Apple sells a SD to Lightning plug adapter so you could load directly to your phone or iPad. 4K takes a lot of storage and most screens viewing don't support. I would store it on the Cloud. 4K dose have advantages especially in editing, ( depending on your software) zooming in on video it doesn't get pixelated as 1080P will. You can format your 4K to export in 1080P.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: AlPurvis2
I have the Apple lighting SD adapter plug, but when I import the 4k video to the iPhone 6s Plus it doesn't play the video.. It just hangs with the loading wheel.

Last edited:
I have the Apple lighting SD adapter plug, but when I import the 4k video to the iPhone 6s Plus it doesn't play the video.. It just hangs with the loading wheel.

That's what I use with my iPad Pro and my 6s plus and don't have any issues. Maybe software issue with your device

So the 4k video plays fine directly imported to your iPhone 6s plus? I've seen it work in iPad Pro.. Just not the iPhone .. If so, which format do you film in? Mp4 or Mov?

Reactions: Mark C.
So the 4k video plays fine directly imported to your iPhone 6s plus? I've seen it work in iPad Pro.. Just not the iPhone .. If so, which format do you film in? Mp4 or Mov?

I watched a tutorial on YouTube on using iMovie and he suggested filming video in MOV , I subscribed to his channel because he is very knowledgeable in Apple stuff and is a teacher of technology. Look up David A. Cox on YouTube. He is also a drone pilot.

On my Mac, I would just plug in the SD card and transfer it directly using "iExplorer" which is an awesome 3rd party plug in.

Can I assume you are wanting to stream If to a TV? Playing the original footage (aside from no post processing or color correction) is the only way to get 1st generation version of your work and therefore the closes to raw you will get.

If you are going to an Apple device, you might as well export in MOV although it would play the MP4 just fine unless you're on an iPhone 4 or something.

The fact is, again, the mov and MP4 while being different formats are only containers, the h264 file inside of them are a literate exact iteration of one another.

To put clearer the MP4 and MOV file is shot exactly the same are the same file and are only containers for the h.264 file. MP4 is more compatible with Windows. You'll almost never run into a problem with MP4 on macs though. For this reason, to achieve maximum comparability, I use MP4 but if I were going to a IDevive for sure, I would use MOV but it honestly doesn't matter. iPhone 6S can play MP4 with ease.

For Windows users who remember the quick and lost famous WMV file, was a popular format for Windows for a couple years when there was the "windows media player". WMV files were yet another flavor of h264. Same as mov and MP4 but as much as editors (I mean the software) hate h264, they despised WMVs so they sort of went the way of the dodo. Also apple refused to allow WMV to be a native format in QuickTime which didn't help. MP4 is.

So weird ... Im getting invalid file format when i transfer 4k video shot with phantom 4 to iPhone 6s plus using so card reader to phone .

My videos import to the iPhone 6s Plus fine.. Just won't play , I either get invalid format or it will attempt to play and just hangs at a spinny wheel.. The other weird part is that when I imessage the video to myself, the video fails to send but then I can view 4k video in the imessage app.

I have the same issue. 4096x2160 won't play at all on my IPAD Pro. 3840x2160 will play on my IPAD PRO.

So using 3840x2160, I can easily transfer and play from SD card to my Ipad Pro using the SD to Lightening adapter. I then use airdrop to transfer photos and videos to my Iphone 6 plus. The photos transfer. Videos either transfers and do not appear on the IPhone, or they don't transfer. I always suspected that the 3840x2160K video would simply not play on the IPhone 6 plus.

I too would be very interested in a solution that would not require shooting at lower resolution.

4K won't properly transfer to my iPad using the apple SD adapter, anything below 4K works fine

On my Mac, I would just plug in the SD card and transfer it directly using "iExplorer" which is an awesome 3rd party plug in.

Can I assume you are wanting to stream If to a TV? Playing the original footage (aside from no post processing or color correction) is the only way to get 1st generation version of your work and therefore the closes to raw you will get.
Is that app avail. for iPads?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj