Transcoding hangs?

Reaction score
Couple of great flights this morning! Winds at 3 m/s on the ground but must have been quite high up at 60m. The rig was slanted into the wind but rock solid in hover. Really impressive. Of course it guzzled batteries but I was close by so no worries. But it made me think that we need a wind reading on the app because measuring it on the ground isn't that useful.

But I digress, after those great flights, when I try to look at a vid on the app, even in 1080p, the app always hangs at 4% in the transcoding phase. I'm not even sure of what 'transcoding' is...

What's the best way to get the full data from the card to the tablet? Is there a wireless solution? Or is it still a case of just taking the SD card out physically?

I don't seem to be able to get that to work either, or mayb enot waiting long enough.
In any case I have little use for doing anything with them that way, so I just take the card out and put it in the PC at home.
You can quickly review recent videos cached in the DJI folder at 720p (on Android anyway)

Couple of great flights this morning! Winds at 3 m/s on the ground but must have been quite high up at 60m. The rig was slanted into the wind but rock solid in hover. Really impressive. Of course it guzzled batteries but I was close by so no worries. But it made me think that we need a wind reading on the app because measuring it on the ground isn't that useful.

But I digress, after those great flights, when I try to look at a vid on the app, even in 1080p, the app always hangs at 4% in the transcoding phase. I'm not even sure of what 'transcoding' is...

What's the best way to get the full data from the card to the tablet? Is there a wireless solution? Or is it still a case of just taking the SD card out physically?
Depends on the horsepower of your tablet. Transcoding basically means "making it viewable for your device", and unless you have a beefy device it'll take forever and/or not even work. You're better off using a PC/Mac to view the videos (or a tablet like the Shield that has the juice to transcode and a SD slot so you don't have to transfer the file)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj