Training for a Newbie

Reaction score
Is there a computerized Phantom 2 simulator for the Mac?
What controller do I need for a computerized simulation to work with a Mac that is Boot Camped into Windows 7?

I came across the Helix X program and it says it can simulate the Phantom, but support for Mac doesn't seem to be good with warnings that the controllers might not work with a Mac,

Is another possible learning path to buy a first generation Phantom or a second hand one. I need to learn the sticks and the lighting system which I find very confusing. Added to this, you can't really see the color of the lights on a bright day until after takeoff.

Is there anyone else who has been down this learning road and used a emulator or a cheaper Phantom, without resorting to flying the dam thing and then loosing it or getting it stuck up a tree.

greytail said:
Is there a computerized Phantom 2 simulator for the Mac?
What controller do I need for a computerized simulation to work with a Mac that is Boot Camped into Windows 7?

I came across the Helix X program and it says it can simulate the Phantom, but support for Mac doesn't seem to be good with warnings that the controllers might not work with a Mac,

Is another possible learning path to buy a first generation Phantom or a second hand one. I need to learn the sticks and the lighting system which I find very confusing. Added to this, you can't really see the color of the lights on a bright day until after takeoff.

Is there anyone else who has been down this learning road and used a emulator or a cheaper Phantom, without resorting to flying the dam thing and then loosing it or getting it stuck up a tree.

Have a look at my posts about Heli-X. It works just fine and I run it on a Mac. Link in my signature.

Shrimpy

Thanks, I downloaded the software, so what controller do I buy? Is the controller all I need, and can the controller be like the Phantom's?

Sorry, but that post doesn't answer my question...can you point to a suitable controller on amazon or ebay?

Sorry, I have looked through the posts on that page/url..there is NO LINK to amazon or ebay, just links to YouTube videos which I watched. I have never used a controller. I am completely ignorant about computer game programs and the equipment they use. Perhaps, since i am on Safari, it is not displaying the link properly..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20