Trainer Copter?

Reaction score
Good morning all!

With the horror stories in this forum describing the pain of losing your P3 in an uncontrolled landing (putting it mildly), has anyone gone the route of buying a significantly cheaper make or model in order to develop your piloting skills? If so, any recommended airframes?

Nothing else flies exactly like a Phantom. But, you can find some commonly used practice quadcopters here.

I like my X5c - we use it as a dog toy, and it still works after countless "kills". We have him trained not to chew it after he knocks it out of the air.

The old saying still applies today.. Practice and common sense still apply today. The more flight time you get and the more knowledgeable of you quad the better you'll get. Some quays can land them on a dime me I'm older so I need a quarter.
one thing to always be aware of is perspective. I have found its always different as to what it seems. When I learned that I quit hitting branches and running to close to objects. This guy is not made for flips or aerobatics either. Nice slow flying is good for videos and pictures with easy turns and smooth operation of the controls. That takes out the jerkey shots out of the videos.
Fly safe, fly slower, then you can fly longer (without crashes) and enjoy the hobby. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic