Train test footage - Phantom4k

I'm thinking I would have been a nervous wreck just knowing that bridge was coming up "behind me".

Very nice.

AD

Reactions: Harris Crayton
Something about trains fascinates most of us. Thanks for the compliment. I wish I had the film editing skills of the original post...I'm envious of the professional look of that video.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You know, I wasn't planning on posting any train videos in this thread but I had this strange happening yesterday just before sunset.

I was scouting a potential area of tracks for the small line that runs through the area on a sporadic basis. Was checking trees, power lines, angles and things like that. I'm about half way done when I hear the train horn down several crossings away and figure "what the heck" and just stuck around for an impromptu video shoot to see what would come up.

As it turns out I kind of got lucky as when I was backing up from the engine it dawned on me that I "might" be near some trees that I could see in spite of not seeing the drone. I was basically across the highway and running from the video.

Notice where the trees are on my left after I spin as the engine passes underneath me. I do believe if I had kept that reverse flying shot going for another 5 seconds I would have clipped the trees nearest the highway.

I went back and finished scouting the area today and found a better spot a few crossings down the line where I can get NEXT to the cab without interference from any trees.

AD

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Something about trains fascinates most of us. Thanks for the compliment. I wish I had the film editing skills of the original post...I'm envious of the professional look of that video.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the compliment, very kind of you :)

You know, I wasn't planning on posting any train videos in this thread but I had this strange happening yesterday......

AD

Cool footage mate. I think you're right....another 30-40ft and you would've got real close and personal with that tree, lol

Well I finally got a day where the wind wasn't too bad and the light was finally good enough to work with after the time change.

I had a pretty far run to make this work out and towards the end had to climb to maintain video and the controller connection, but it came out reasonably well.

This train travels over some pretty old tracks and is a "Murder Mystery" type train that runs several nights a week. I figured out what time it "should" have been there and hit it almost spot on.

It's pretty far out to the drawbridge, but got the shot anyway.

I put this up on the 60" HDTV and it looks great!

AD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31