tragic sad day

Reaction score
Hey guys very sad day for me inwas flying my pv2+ and all of a sudden it went out of range phantom connection broken it said initiated rth but it was trying to turn but wasnt be able to as i was getting video on and of its like it was trying to turn but wasnt be able to then i tried the course and home lock that didnt even work it just messed up battery went down the last feed i got was at 8300 feet despite it started breaking cinnection at 6000 feet altitude 600 feet the place where i was flying and now the place it shows on my app is different sides now it shows last location is in the sea ran to the place but no luck. It landed in a bay

Sorry to hear about your phantom going awol :(
You wont be the first or the last to loose a Phantom .

saao said:
out of range phantom connection broken it said initiated rth but it was trying to turn but wasn't able to
How do you know it was trying to turn but couldn't? It's easy for a Phantom to turn.
One possible explanation of what happened is that you did not have your home position locked and the Phantom was returning to the previous home point. Did you confirm home lock before flying out?

Yes i had green lights i had satellite i dly from only ine position never have taken anywhere else when the fpv started breaking up it turned and then was like getting stuck then i manually tried turning it didnt i was getting destorted feed so i could tell that the place was the same

Meta4 said:
saao said:
out of range phantom connection broken it said initiated rth but it was trying to turn but wasn't able to
How do you know it was trying to turn but couldn't? It's easy for a Phantom to turn.
One possible explanation of what happened is that you did not have your home position locked and the Phantom was returning to the previous home point. Did you confirm home lock before flying out?
Its such a big disappointment $1400 gone

It is a lot of money, can you shop around or perhaps get a cheaper drone.

steveeds said:
It is a lot of money, can you shop around or perhaps get a cheaper drone.
Once u have flown a pv2+ nothing seems as good secondly i have spent so much money on top with the mods i am lucky the bird flew away with out any mods all was done on the pilot side but i feel maybe thats y it flew away

I really had a hard time reading this post for the sheer lack of capitalization and punctuation.

There's a difference between "Helping my Uncle, Jack, off his horse" and 'helping my uncle jack off his horse."

Stories like this make me slightly terrified to leave the ground. I wonder statistically how rare fly always actually are??

saao said:
Hey guys very sad day for me inwas flying my pv2+ and all of a sudden it went out of range phantom connection broken it said initiated rth but it was trying to turn but wasnt be able to as i was getting video on and of its like it was trying to turn but wasnt be able to then i tried the course and home lock that didnt even work it just messed up battery went down the last feed i got was at 8300 feet despite it started breaking cinnection at 6000 feet altitude 600 feet the place where i was flying and now the place it shows on my app is different sides now it shows last location is in the sea ran to the place but no luck. It landed in a bay

OMG! you lost it at 8300 ft? It probably went into the FAA 2.4GHz jamming zone. It has been put in place above 400ft to avoid having drones creating hazards where they have no business to be. I've been told that they are working on laser beams to strike morons holding a white box at ground level as well.
PLease do yourself a favor, don't fly anything anymore unless you get conscious that you can kill people acting that irresponsibly.

DBS said:
sorry to hear your story saao... you're a good guy to have around here sir... get that new bird and be careful out there...

what are the chances of it happening twice right ;) :?:
Thank u dbs i am not going to bak of i will buy it again the chances i still dont no what went wrong i have made more then 40 flights on it

480sparky said:
I really had a hard time reading this post for the sheer lack of capitalization and punctuation.

There's a difference between "Helping my Uncle, Jack, off his horse" and 'helping my uncle jack off his horse."
Sorry for the mistyped words i was very stressed at the time when i lost it. Thu id share it with my quad family here. which all u guys are.

sergekouper said:
saao said:

OMG! you lost it at 8300 ft? It probably went into the FAA 2.4GHz jamming zone. It has been put in place above 400ft to avoid having drones creating hazards where they have no business to be. I've been told that they are working on laser beams to strike morons holding a white box at ground level as well.
PLease do yourself a favor, don't fly anything anymore unless you get conscious that you can kill people acting that irresponsibly.
8300 feet was the last shot of video and telemetry i got it was distance not altitude. Altitude was 650 feet i didnt want to take it that far my rc was in range since i had an amp and a 12dbi antenna mounted fpv got screwed at 6000 i wonder y my course or home lock didnt work? Secondly i was flying on a no mans land clean deserted area on the other side was the bay

Wait, so there is a 2.4 GHz jamming zone? So that means he should not have lost control of the 5.8 GHz components right? Can you provide more info on the FAA actively jamming frequencies in areas people fly these devices? If anything an errant flying machine that was "jammed" would be a bigger hazard in a public area.

OP, Can you post pictures you took from 650 ft? I am curious to see how well the camera takes pictures at that height.
BC

sergekouper said:
saao said:

buddhacanooda said:
Wait, so there is a 2.4 GHz jamming zone? So that means he should not have lost control of the 5.8 GHz components right? Can you provide more info on the FAA actively jamming frequencies in areas people fly these devices? If anything an errant flying machine that was "jammed" would be a bigger hazard in a public area.

OP, Can you post pictures you took from 650 ft? I am curious to see how well the camera takes pictures at that height.
BC

sergekouper said:
saao said:

Today was the first day i didnt record or take any pics just a bad day i guess. Then with in minutes things got out of hand. People have taken their quads to the 800 feet altitude mark my fpv loss was because i didnt mid my bird and didn't have an amp. The fpv was only throwing 12 dbi worth of circular signals and i pointed it perfectly i just dont understand why didnt the bird rotate bak when i initiated rth it tried and was jamming

sergekouper said:

Ummm...dude....he lost it at 8300' DISTANCE, 600' altitude...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj