TradeCraft Case

Reaction score
Does anyone actually have one of these cases yet? I know they mention that it is pre-order, but I didn't know if someone here was involved in the development at all. I am wondering if the foam is pluck and pick, or if it's a more solid foam...would be nice if it could be used with radios are are slightly different size/shape than the stock.

Best of luck to anybody rolling out a new product, but in the three weeks that I have had my Phantom I would have already outgrown this case; a new battery charger, camera gimbal, spare parts and tools... I think I need a bigger case:) But I will say that this seems like a great size case for keeping the phantom secure while travelling. Best of luck to TradeCraft.

It's not pick and pluck. Tradecraft had these made by a major foam manufacturer. Pick and pluck gives you little squares. Look at the photos and you will see the detailing and you will see what I am talking about. I used to have a pick and pluck foam case and after awhile the pick and pluck starts to chunk off, and leaves little black fibers on everything. This case isn't for everyone and there are cheaper Home Depot solutions, but I have seen one and I am excited about getting one.

Well I happen to be in the market for a case, and the pelican case is a bit pricey.
I would like one with foam, but with a more conservative price. I'm even open to putting foam in a roll around tote.

Everyone forgets about the original DJI Phantom box, that is the cheapest case around! Just take the props and the landing gear off. Ready to go and it came free with your order!

I've gone for a cheap and cheerful solution at the moment, may move up to something else when I'm sure of the extras I'll need to case also.

I used the original 'egg box' style packaging that came in the Phantom box and put this in the bottom of one of the Plastic Storage Boxes available from Staples. Works a treat. Will post a picture later.

Any idea when the trade cases are coming out? Still one backorder. I live in New Zealand, so don't ship over here yet, but going Through NZPost, who have a US address and they send it to me from there.

Used the service before and allows me to buy Stuff in the US that do not ship outside the US.

I just placed my order. It came to $117 shipped, now I just have to wait for it.
I cough it up to having your Phantom insured against any outside elements.
I plan on taking mine to an MX track, for some cool footage, and want it to be protected.

Ya ordered one myself looks like it,s very sturdy and still has some room to expand in the foam for extra batts blades etc.If there,s one thing if learned in the past is to protect your gear ;)

Another item for my list!

I was just informed by tradecraft that they will be shipping usa cases starting mar 11/13 hope that helps

You have to go to the website and checkout with a case in order to be able to input the coupon code, then recalculate. Dont forget to put the code in the same way you read it, it is case sensitive.

MX45OR said:
You have to go to the website and checkout with a case in order to be able to input the coupon code, then recalculate. Dont forget to put the code in the same way you read it, it is case sensitive.

Great, can you point me to the code? I can't find it anywhere.

Alex said:
MX45OR said:

Great, can you point me to the code? I can't find it anywhere.
30PHANTOM

And no word yet from Tradecraft,as to when but I'm hoping this week.

It's Monday 3/11/13. Are the Phantom cases shipping today? I haven't heard anything from them,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj