Tracking device

Reaction score
Hi,

Only had my Phantom 2 Vision+ for a week and only had 1 flight so far because of the weather and dark nights. Can't wait to get it back out so hoping for some better weather this weekend.

I have been looking for some sort of tracker for the slim change the vp2 goes for a fly about on its own. I am not looking for a flight tracker just something that will help me find my Phantom if I loss it. I can see that there are tonnes of GPS trackers on ebay that you text to find the location but not sure what would be good for the phantom. What do you guys have as a basic device and what would you recomend.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I will have a look at the ones posted and do a search to see what people a using. Will also be looking for where people have mounted them and is there anyway that they can cause problems for the VP2 by interference?

Any reports on GPS tracking devices you've used with your Phantom? The links here are helpful , but I'd love to know about actual experience.

I use a Spot Trace (out of its case, using the Phantom's power), with mixed results. Looking for a better solution . . .

Please let us know how it goes trying to mount the Rf-v16. I'm curious how you will mount that. Judging by this guy who did it here (link below), he had to resort to using a 3d printer to get a proper mount.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp09n8tVQU4[/youtube]

http://www.drone-mods.com/Drone-Mods-UA ... -DM005.htm

This is the tracker I have. I'm plenty pleased with it. Weighs 50 gm, attaches to the bottom of the Phantom with velchro, has its own battery, costs me $5/month for its service. So far no fly-away to prove its worth

Great Pumpkin said:
http://www.drone-mods.com/Drone-Mods-UAV-Locator-DM005.htm

This is the tracker I have. I'm plenty pleased with it. Weighs 50 gm, attaches to the bottom of the Phantom with velchro, has its own battery, costs me $5/month for its service. So far no fly-away to prove its worth

Thank you for sharing. That UAV Locator looks great.

i've velcro'd mine onto the front, i've never actually flown with it yet (its always been sat on the shelve, only mounted it yesterday). I haven't got room underneath for it, plus got to be better for getting sat's there

IMG_2117_zps3aa162ea.jpg

fin032 said:
I went ahead and orderd the RF V16. A few folk have said they do the job.

Please let us know how that works for you. I've seen it on Amazon, but with very limited reviews, you never know how it actually works (and for all we know those reviews can be from the manufacturer).

This works great for me. I also take it on my dirt bike and quad so my wife can have peace of mind if I go out alone. I have a Polaris Razor, and when I go out with it, If I go hiking away from it, I strap it it to the Razor so if someone tries to steal it, I can easily track it.

fin032 said:

Good call. That's the one I bought. Saved my *** once. Here's where it said my drone was and bingo it was up there blinking away. It's a lot worse than it looks. You don't really get a feel for the scale from this picture. No way a normal person could get it. People can easily walk through that hole in the rock as an example. Took an hour but I found a mountain climber to get it back for me.

drone.jpg

rbhamilton said:
fin032 said:

Good call. That's the one I bought. Saved my *** once. Here's where it said my drone was and bingo it was up there blinking away. It's a lot worse than it looks. You don't really get a feel for the scale from this picture. No way a normal person could get it. People can easily walk through that hole in the rock as an example. Took an hour but I found a mountain climber to get it back for me.

drone.jpg
Was it ok? Or did you have damage?

Great Pumpkin said:

Is this one US-only? On the page it says a huge list of countries it cannot ship to.

rbhamilton said:
fin032 said:

drone.jpg

Do you know if this works in all countries?

DattaGroover said:
Great Pumpkin said:

Is this one US-only? On the page it says a huge list of countries it cannot ship to.

Never mind- I see they sell an international model.

I just ordered an RV-16. When you order, you need to tell them which country you will be operating in, and they send you the appropriate one for that country. I don't have mine yet, but I will soon know if it works in Australia!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj