Trackimo

NO, I don't think so. Very misleading description. I purchased from this company on eBay & received it today. I knew it didn't include the activation. I was expecting to pay $60/year or $5/month. When I went to activate it the price was $100 first year & $60 the 2nd year. It also auto-renews after the first year unless you cancel the service within the first year. The full price is the same $150 most anywhere or even less $139 in other places. The packaging has a Radio Shack sticker on it. On the packaging from trackimo it shows $49.95 1st year $4.95/month after the first year. I sent a inquiry to both the eBay seller and trackimo to see what they say.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447985764.878541.jpg

Reactions: Extreme24
Better photo. BTW I did activate it and it seems to work ok so far. Although I do feel the eBay listing is misleading advertising 61% lower.

NO, I don't think so. Very misleading description. I purchased from this company on eBay & received it today. I knew it didn't include the activation. I was expecting to pay $60/year or $5/month. When I went to activate it the price was $100 first year & $60 the 2nd year. It also auto-renews after the first year unless you cancel the service within the first year. The full price is the same $150 most anywhere or even less $139 in other places. The packaging has a Radio Shack sticker on it. On the packaging from trackimo it shows $49.95 1st year $4.95/month after the first year. I sent a inquiry to both the eBay seller and trackimo to see what they say.View attachment 36214

thanks for the heads up

Hey buddy no it's not a good deal because it doesn't include the sim card. You would have to get one from a cellular provided (AT&T, Verizon etc.) and sign a service agreement. Almost like getting another phone. I've got 2 of them and paid around $129 for them. It came with the sim card and you get a one year subscription with Trackimo with the price of the tracker then it's $5 a month there after. Look for this in the product description.
What's Included
  • Trackimo GPS Unit - SIM included
  • Micro USB charging cable
  • Waterproof silicon case
  • Magnetic attachment
  • Lanyard
  • 12 month mobile service - Included
By the way they work great!

Update I got mine here Trackimo Real Time GPS Tracking Device

Hey buddy no it's not a good deal because it doesn't include the sim card. You would have to get one from a cellular provided (AT&T, Verizon etc.) and sign a service agreement. Almost like getting another phone. I've got 2 of them and paid around $129 for them. It came with the sim card and you get a one year subscription with Trackimo with the price of the tracker then it's $5 a month there after. Look for this in the product description.
What's Included
  • Trackimo GPS Unit - SIM included
  • Micro USB charging cable
  • Magnetic attachment
  • Lanyard
  • 12 month mobile service - Included
By the way they work great!

Update I got mine here Trackimo Real Time GPS Tracking Device

I bought the same one. It works fine right out of the box, no need to get a sim card.

Just sign up account, pay them $60 per yr.

Done.

I agree, it doesn't need a SIM card. How did you sign up for $60 for the first year? When I went through the the activation process it only provided the $100 first year and auto renew at $60 for the 2nd year.

I was (and still am) considering one of these BUT....
The cell network (2G) that these operate on is going to go away the end of 2016, and will make the trakimo useless.
I called them and they were very honest about this and said they are coming out with a new tracker sometime in 2016.
I also asked about just updating the firmware, and that will not work, probably because of the radio in the device.
For me, it seems like you pay about 130 for the device and get the first year of service free, then the tracker is non-functional when 2G goes away.

Do I have this correct? I think I do but will like any comments about this. Just don't be stupid or abusive... I am trying to get the facts.

NO, I don't think so. Very misleading description. I purchased from this company on eBay & received it today. I knew it didn't include the activation. I was expecting to pay $60/year or $5/month. When I went to activate it the price was $100 first year & $60 the 2nd year. It also auto-renews after the first year unless you cancel the service within the first year. The full price is the same $150 most anywhere or even less $139 in other places. The packaging has a Radio Shack sticker on it. On the packaging from trackimo it shows $49.95 1st year $4.95/month after the first year. I sent a inquiry to both the eBay seller and trackimo to see what they say.View attachment 36214
Unfortunately, you purchased an extremely discounted product from an online retailer who likely bought the product from a liquidator for the bankrupt Radio Shack. Trackimo Inc is not responsible for what happens to these items as we were not the organization who sold this product to Radio Shack in the first place. We cannot assume responsibility for products that we do not have any attachment to.
I strongly suggest you return the unit to this ebay merchant, acquire a refund, and buy one from an authorized Trackimo reseller…none of which are on ebay. If you buy the unit from our official site, http://www.trackimo.us or http://www.trackimo.ca
I will cover your freight costs on the return and delivery of your new one. Sometimes when a deal looks too good…it is. We apologize for this situation; we are a very reputable company and will do whatever we need to, to take care of our customers.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us regarding your dilemma.

I finally did buy one from the Tackimo website.
I have been using it at home (GPS signal is so-so.. but to be expected), and when I go out somewhere, and it is working GREAT!
I have emailed them a few times, asking questions, and they have been VERY fast at responding! NO problems at all, and they have answered my questions.
I bought this one over it's competitor because of the fast response to my email, and the 1 YEAR of cell service (the other one was only 6 months).

I would recommend the Tackimo.

I finally did buy one from the Tackimo website.
I have been using it at home (GPS signal is so-so.. but to be expected), and when I go out somewhere, and it is working GREAT!
I have emailed them a few times, asking questions, and they have been VERY fast at responding! NO problems at all, and they have answered my questions.
I bought this one over it's competitor because of the fast response to my email, and the 1 YEAR of cell service (the other one was only 6 months).

I would recommend the Tackimo.
LOL, Tackimo

If you buy from their website (or Amazon), they offer you free first year of service and then it's $5/yr afterwords:

Trackimo beats the competition with affordability: we provide you with a free first-year service; after the first year we only charge $5/month – there are no contractual obligation either. No hidden costs or fees. And if you don’t like our device within the first 30 days of use, we will reimburse you the full price (minus a $25 restocking fee). -- TRK100 - Trackimo - Tracking Device

In-the-Box Specifications

• 1 Trackimo GPS Device – 1 SIM Card included
  • 1 Micro USB Charging Cable
  • 1 Battery Door
  • 12-Month Service Plan (no contract required)

Product Highlights:

• Trackimo gps unit - sim included
  • Micro usb charging cable
  • Magnetic attachment
  • Lanyard
  • 12 month mobile service - included
  • No contract required
  • Smart alerts
  • Worldwide coverage *(except Japan and Korea)*
  • SOS button
  • Low monthly service cost
  • Free shipping for u.S and canada
  • Twelve months manufacturer warranty

Last edited:
Will it work after Jan 2017 with the current device sold on Amazon since AT&T 2G network will be shut down? I sent them an email asking the same question but I have not received an answer for at least 3 weeks.

I have asked them too, and this particular model will not.
They also told me that they are working on a new model that is 3G and should be available sometime 2016.
I figured that I buy it and get the first full year of service free. Then when 2G is shutdown, I will not buy additional service.
From what I can tell, almost all of these trackers use 2G, and the one that I was considering costs the same, but only comes with 6 months free. About the same weight also.

Yes, I know... Trackimo... trying to think faster than I type!

I know my 2g Garmin gtu10 will stop working on January 1 (2016) unfortunately... Thought the 2g was shutting down then but maybe it is on a date TBD in 2016 and Garmin just made it clean at the render of this year. Too bad...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hhmmm.. I thought it was end of 16 beginning of 17? Hope it is 2017.
Where did you hear it was Jan 1016, or is that just Garmin?

TrackimoInc. I purchased a Trackimo TRK 100-Universal Model with a sku of 605569001, model TRKM002, FCC ID 2AAI6-TRKM002, Device ID 1060348on eBay with a one year activation included. I have not registered/activated it yet and I was just wondering if this is an authorized Trackimo product. Also in regard to a few posts above will this tracker continue to work through 2017? Thanks in advance for your response and happy holidays!

Just remember....if you fly anywhere that doesn't have GSM service, these things are useless. I fly in in some places in Indiana and Illinois that have no service so I use Marco Polo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.