Trackimo trackin unit, EBAY just bought is it OK

Reaction score
I just bought (Offer Buy it now) from Ebay for 65.xx including shipping.

It seems light and small and from what I read, it looks like I will be able to track my vision2. Does anyone have feedback on this unit? the price and size seemed good. I made an offer for 60.00+ shipping and it was accepted quickly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141617197784 If you have any experience, please let me know if I screwed up or made a genius move.

A word of warning: I am one of The managers of Trackimo Inc, the manufacturer. There have been some unauthorized sales of Trackimo in USA. You have to know that the device contains a SIM card and when sold from authorized dealers, it contains a 1-year service plan included in the price. The real price for the device including 1 year is $139.00 as you can see on trackimo.com - so if someone is selling for less it is most likely not including the plan. So it will either not work, or you may be required to sign up and pay for the plan when you activate it. You are welcome to contact Tackimo support if you have questions about it (click "support" on Trackimo.com)

Good to know. So for another $80 you get the SIM and 1 year cell tracking. SIMs can usually be obtained for free but sometimes cost $10. From what I recall, cell plans sell for as little as $5/month. So that would be $60-$70 for a year... minimum. Seems like it might be worth just buying from Trackimo and getting the year thrown in. Either way does not seem like a "bad" deal... it might just be easier to go through Trackimo direct

unless you're going to use this to also track other things than your bird, I don't see why you wouldn't just get a Flytrex Live 3G with a prepaid sim. it's cheaper over the long run, and it also logs telemetry.

I have the Trackimo and now with Flytrex 3G. The pluses for Trackimo is that it will continue to track after the Phantom battery has ejected, about 3days. I liked that it has an app for tracking info. No need to call or wait for a text like some others. Negatives are tracking is not real time. Even though mine was set to track every minute it would skip tracks for several minutes. Bought mine from Trackimo and returns are impossible. They would never reply to several emails.

Reactions: Hawkeye 1
I've been using a Trackimo for about six months now and I am very pleased with it. The location is usually very accurate and it has never failed to return a good location, I got mine on an introductory thing for 99 dollars including the I year of service and after the year is up its 5 bucks a month...well worth it. I recently got a Flytrex 3G Live and so far I have been using both....gives good redundancy if something happens and the Trackimo is only 50 grams so not much of a weight penalty. BTW, I just yesterday had to add 10 bucks to my H2O wireless card in my Flytrex and I had used $2.21 for 113 flights....the thing uses a ridiculously small amount of airtime.

Last edited:
I have a trackimo and so far Its pretty good. and it BLOWS away my POS pocket finder that I have in accuracy. and it also seems a lot tougher then the pocket finder which I had break 2 times in 2 different small crashes were the internal antenna busted off then it would not locate.

Tho I have not had the chance to crash test lol the trackimo just from taking it apart to inspect the internals I'm pretty confident it can hold up in a crash better then the shoddy pocket tracker can. and the trackimos locations as long as I'm out side is always dead one and it never sends me messages telling me its miles away when its sitting right there. were as my pocket finder was always sending me alerts showing it taking a walk by its self and some times many miles away and moving all the time. and most of the time even if its inside a building I can still located the trackimo which is some thing that was nearly imposable to do with the pocket finder even if it was just in side my car or in my pocket. The trackimo some times even gets gps and cell connection while its in side my metal flight case and inside my house.

and another thing I like about it is being its got its own sim card and servis there is no hassel of trying to get a sim card or a servis or it that just works every ware. which is some thing that steered me away from the flytrex live. Being were live Verizon is the only net work what you can even hope to get a signal from reliably just about any were. yet one spot I fly at only at&t signals net works seem to work right and the trackimo dont seem to care what net work it has and will use other carriers if it has to. So its more universal and I have yet to see many phantom 2s battery's not pop out in a crash. So even if I ever did get a flytrex live I think i would still use the trackimo as a redundant back up. I also like that I only need one trackimo for all my phantoms and even if I am just test flying any phantoms after repairing them I can just slap the trackimo on them in case any thing goes wrong. I also have been using it as a just encase with my new pup when doing any training with her out side of the fenced in yard cause shes a real bone head and I know would not be able to find her way home if she decided to bolt.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik