Trackimo Replacement Battery

Reaction score
My Trackimo got wet the other day, (it still works), but to be safe charging the small Li-ion battery, I thought I'd get the battery replaced. However I'm having a hard time finding one to buy online. Trackimo has yet to respond. It looks to be a generic model branded by Trackimo, I'm guessing it's from a cellphone.

Anyone know of an equivalent model battery?
The battery specs:
Model: TRKM002
Voltage: 3.7
Capacity: 600mAh/2.22Wh
Charging Voltage: 4.2
Standard: GB/T 18287-2013
TRKM002 Battery.jpg

Finally spoke to Trackimo today, just an FYI for anyone who wants to replace their Trackimo battery, TRKM002,
Trackimo says none are available and they will not sell you one. They also claim it is a custom model (smaller size, 600ma), and not available from online sources such as eBay, AliBaba, Amazon etc. I also was unable to find a similar one searching online.

Their "solution" was to sell me a brand new Trackimo (2G & 3G model) at full website price… I said I'd think about it…
I was not impressed at all. I thought the offer was not much of a deal; even though they were aware I had just purchased my Trackimo only 3 months ago.

LOL they told you to buy a new one?
You might as well buy the RF-V16 GPS.
I looked around for quite a few GPS for my Phantom before finally deciding to get the V16.
It's cheap and light and accurate enough.
I tested it in my backyard and the approximate distance off from Google maps were around 15m.

I think trackimo as product it's ok but their customer service sucks!!!. I got a trackimo with a dead battery and never heard back from them. I had to go and buy one out myself, the only help that you ever gonna get out of them is gonna be for purchasing a product otherwise you're on you own.

RafaelS- I'd like to get a replacement battery for my Trackimo after mine got wet.
Where did you get your battery and what type/model is it?
Trackimo claims their battery TRKM002 is a custom made one and yet refuses to sell me a replacement.
The only option they proposed for me was to buy a brand new Trackimo unit at full cost. Some deal...

RafaelS- I'd like to get a replacement battery for my Trackimo after mine got wet.
Where did you get your battery and what type/model is it?
Trackimo claims their battery TRKM002 is a custom made one and yet refuses to sell me a replacement.
The only option they proposed for me was to buy a brand new Trackimo unit at full cost. Some deal...

I actually got it from their website under devices they used to sell it with a charger. I think they took it down as they want people to buy a whole new unit instead of just the battery. My contract will be over in August I can send you the unit with the battery for free you just pay for shipping but you'll have to wait till August.

I haven not tried the Trackimo, so I guess I should not have said that. The GPS trackers I have tried needed to have the GPS module facing the sky, so if I laid it on the ground facing down, it would not get a signal or send its current location. So in a crash, the craft would need to stop at a position with the tracker facing up to the sky. Although it would still send out cellular data, it is triangulated from nearby towers, which gave me a two to three city block radius as to were it crashed. Just my two cents.
Also, they are overpriced.lol.
all trackers or Trackimo specifically?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haven not tried the Trackimo, so I guess I should not have said that. The GPS trackers I have tried needed to have the GPS module facing the sky, so if I laid it on the ground facing down, it would not get a signal or send its current location. So in a crash, the craft would need to stop at a position with the tracker facing up to the sky. Although it would still send out cellular data, it is triangulated from nearby towers, which gave me a two to three city block radius as to were it crashed. Just my two cents.
Also, they are overpriced.lol.

What brand tracker did you buy?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I will have to dig it out. Something like TK102. It works really well if i stick it on the dash of my car. Maybe i should try one of the ones mentioned here. But I really do not see the point. The DJI GO app records everything.

I will have to dig it out. Something like TK102. It works really well if i stick it on the dash of my car. Maybe i should try one of the ones mentioned here. But I really do not see the point. The DJI GO app records everything.

I've heard of those. Don't know anything about them though. The majority of my flying are long distance (3-5miles away from home) waypoint missions using Litchi. I lose video feed within 1 minute after taking off and RC/telemetry goes shortly after. I take off from my backyard that borders a woods with huge trees. So, my RC signal stands no chance.

Using the Trackimo app is the only way I can see where my p3 is at.

Trackimo is actually a really good tracker. I use one for my quad and another one is hardwired to my car and both work great and really accurate. The problem is not the product but the company, they don't have a sense of what a customer service should be.

Lipos are sealed so no air gets in. Water should not be able to get inside either. Unless you got corrosion on the contacts battery should be OK once you dried it.
I use tk 102 from bang good.com - works great though initialy difficult to set. Once you get it set it works in real time tracking trough Internet platform or you can call the device and get sms with current position as a link to Google maps.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31