trackimo installed

Reaction score
got trackimo installed now wont have to worry
2016-02-26 15.13.25.jpg

love it have it set to 1 min so when I'm flying shows me where I was or if something happens can find real fast

flyingag.com

got trackimo installed now wont have to worry

You really got your bird all decked out with led's and a wrap!

Have you flown with the Trackimo unit installed yet - if so, notice anything with regard to flying or handling?

How much does that unit weigh and did you have to add a "counter weight" to the other side to keep her level?

haven't added anything to it cant even tell its on there flys normal

Well the other benefit for it I guess would be when your not using on your Phantom you can slip it into one of your kids pockets or back-pack when your in a crowded area or wherever so as to find them if anything ever happened.

Or hide it in your vehicle when one the older ones (kids) borrow the vehicle - tons of use when I think of it, other than just for the Phantom.

Thanks for posting that - will have to check these units out a bit closer.

I hide it on my lawn mower during the day don't want someone stilling my 8000 mower

Nice. It is a sweet looking bird. And his remote too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

thanks tony look forward to flying with you one day

five dollars a month

Thank you.... I think that's very reasonable. I also think it looks more user friendly than others.

Interesting... I think I'll wait until the price drops a bit. Looks like it's roughly $140 (Amazon) plus the mount at $25 to potentially recover a $430 P3 that very likely will be damaged if you ever need to recover it using the location provided from the trackimo. I also find myself flying over water quite a bit, in which case, when the P3 goes down it will be a lost (and I'd be out the ~$165 for the trackimo). I like the concept, just not at over 30% of the cost of the P3. It's a classic expected value problem from statistics class.Do I think that there is a greater than a 38% chance ($165/$430) that I will have a fly away and that the trackimo will allow me to recover the P3? I hope not. That being said, if you have other uses for the trackimo, go for it.

Reactions: Jesse_M
Interesting... I think I'll wait until the price drops a bit. Looks like it's roughly $140 (Amazon) plus the mount at $25 to potentially recover a $430 P3 that very likely will be damaged if you ever need to recover it using the location provided from the trackimo. I also find myself flying over water quite a bit, in which case, when the P3 goes down it will be a lost (and I'd be out the ~$165 for the trackimo). I like the concept, just not at over 30% of the cost of the P3. It's a classic expected value problem from statistics class.Do I think that there is a greater than a 38% chance ($165/$430) that I will have a fly away and that the trackimo will allow me to recover the P3? I hope not. That being said, if you have other uses for the trackimo, go for it.
No arguing with the cost ratio those are fixed numbers even though my standard was 500. Would disagree about if the drone goes down it would have significant damage, quite often people find their drone with minimal damage or sometimes no damage at all because it came down with auto-landing due to battery low condition.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Rich53
You really got your bird all decked out with led's and a wrap!

Have you flown with the Trackimo unit installed yet - if so, notice anything with regard to flying or handling?

How much does that unit weigh and did you have to add a "counter weight" to the other side to keep her level?
I can tell you they only weigh about 1.5 ounces w/o the bracket. A counterweight will be totally unnecessary. I have one myself but just install using the supplied Velcro with an added nylon tie for insurance.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Here's mine:
IMAG0248.jpg

Couple of questions why not use this ? $24;00
Checkout - TrackR bravo

and it would appear that your PC /laptop clock/date is way off if you sync it could show some interesting problems?
This item has no use in finding a lost drone. It requires someone with this app installed to walk passed your lost item (within 100') no less, before you would get a location fix.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4