Trackimo 3G available...

Reaction score
This may be widely known, but I called Trackimo this AM to inquire about when the 3G version would be available (they currently use 2G, which is winding down in the next few years). They just received the 3G units, and they aren't even on their website yet - you need to call their 800 number to order. Existing 2G units are $139 including a year of service. New 3G units are $169 including a year of service.

FYI...

The Trackimo 3G is also available here on Amazon for $164. The 2G units will no longer work in January 2017.

They've been available on Amazon for about a month now :)

Does anyone know where I can purchase these online? The amazon listing posted above is currently unavailable

You can also get one directly from Trackimo.

Yep. It's a gamble if you buy directly from Trackimo. Maybe try contacting them to see if they can help.

2G networks are slowly being replaced but at different times around the world.
If you have further details, please feel free to share.

If you have further details, please feel free to share.
Well you need to research your own areas of interest, and it depends upon which networks Trackimo works with.
A few examples local to me.
In Australia, Telstra, the carrier with the best coverage here and the logical choice fora GPS tracking device, have announced 2G closure in December 2016.
Rival Optus have announced April 2017.
In New Zealand, Vodafone and 2degrees are about to announce switch off dates, unless they already have.
What you need to know is :-
- Who does Trackimo use in your flight area
- When will that carrier turn off 2G

Who does Trackimo use in your flight area
I guess this is the real key to the puzzle. I've never seen Trackimo post this information anywhere.

I have tried to find out what carrier they use in Australia but they won't reply to my emails .On that basis alone I wouldn't buy one .

Last edited:
I'm giving up on Trackimo. I've had 2 3G units that stop working after 1-2 months. Support is NON EXISTENT...Which there was a similar item that worked.

I'm giving up on Trackimo. I've had 2 3G units that stop working after 1-2 months. Support is NON EXISTENT...Which there was a similar item that worked.
Help maybe on the way. There is new device that is supposed to be released in July called Ping. Here is the URL: Ping - The World’s Smallest Global GPS Locator

Hopefully this will be solution for all of us.

Donald Barar

Reactions: REL57 and flowrider
I've had 2 as well and have returned them. I didn't find that it tracked consistently on the maps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4