Trackers, which, and why that one?

Reaction score
Being in a fairly hilly rural area I'm pretty sure a 'tracker' is a good idea, but alas I have 'NO' experience with them in this context. May I ask for a few peoples views to help me make the right choice please? Before it's too late Hmmm.

Many thanks.

If you have good cell service, the Trackimo is a good option. If cell service is spotty, then the Marco Polo would be a better option. You can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

Beware if you buy a Trackimo. I bought one recently and it worked fine, but I read here that they only recently came out with a 3G version. The one I bought just a few weeks ago on Amazon was a 2G version, as are the overwhelming majority of units currently being sold. So when 2G is no longer supported by the cellular carriers, your unit will be useless. 2G is already being phased out in a lot of places. Basically many retailers are just unloading old stock which will soon be worthless. You can buy a 3G unit directly from Trackimo for $179. I was able to return the 2G unit I bought from Amazon because I learned this before 30 days had passed. I think it is shameful that all of these vendors are engaging in what I consider basically to be rip-off tactics.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I have the Drones Mods gps tracker. I paid $129 and service is $60 a year. I have had it for a couple of years now I think. Always works for me. I call it with my cell and get a text back with coordinates and link to google map. If I lose my drone and am not in a cell area, I can drive till I get phone reception. ..call it and receive text. I can enter the coordinates in my Garmin gps and go back and find drone. Haven't had that happen yet. I also can use this gps on any of my vehicles.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub