Tracker took a flight, without quad!

Reaction score
My little tracker 1-5/8" by 1-3/8" (40mm X 35mm) has a mind of it's own. Now and then I put it out on my deck rail and do a check if it is still working OK. Checked the lights and it had a GPS lock. Went in house to phone and sent text asking it where it was. Map came back!!! About 200 yards away! Well that is wrong. So I went to kitchen window and no tracker on railing! Too many security cameras around my place to have a person take it. Walked out into the woods and searched all over for it. Half hour later I was about to give up. Last year I had loggers in the woods taking the big oaks. Another this year cleaning up the mess. So woods is much more open than the past. About to give up I walked the road the loggers made back to the house. Almost stepped on it! Only thing I can think of is a big bird took it off the deck. Too early for cameras to have started recording for the day so no video.
So don't leave your small tracker outside without standing next to it. Wish I had video of that bird. :x

ProfessorStein said:
Soooooo... just curious... how close was it to where it said it was? ;)

This ^

AND - that is one of the craziest stories I have ever heard :) Glad it ended well!

ProfessorStein said:
Soooooo... just curious... how close was it to where it said it was? ;)
Best one can zoom in on a google map, it has never been closer than about 50 feet. That gives one at least an idea of where you may find it. Craziest thing I have had happen yet. We do have crows around here. I guess they could carry this in their claw. Nothing big enough to grab with their beak. ???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31