Tracker Success

Reaction score
I posted this here as the fly away seems to be a more frequent phenomenon with the plus, and I don't even want to get into my story. In a nutshell, it flew away but I'm addicted so I will be getting another but really want to outfit it with a tracker in case it decides to run off on it's own and maybe find it's P2V cousin. I know there are threads discussing different models and so on, but I haven't seen one story on here of someone who lost their craft due to a fly away and was able to find it using a tracking device.

Not only would it help me in determining which device to get, but it would also be interesting to read about where they found their craft, how far and in what relation to their home point, maybe perhaps in what relation to a previous home point? I just think this would be important information to have out there at this time. If someone can point me in the direction of such posts or better yet, post them here that would be great! Thanks!

jimdenburg said:
I posted this here as the fly away seems to be a more frequent phenomenon with the plus, and I don't even want to get into my story. In a nutshell, it flew away but I'm addicted so I will be getting another but really want to outfit it with a tracker in case it decides to run off on it's own and maybe find it's P2V cousin. I know there are threads discussing different models and so on, but I haven't seen one story on here of someone who lost their craft due to a fly away and was able to find it using a tracking device.

Not only would it help me in determining which device to get, but it would also be interesting to read about where they found their craft, how far and in what relation to their home point, maybe perhaps in what relation to a previous home point? I just think this would be important information to have out there at this time. If someone can point me in the direction of such posts or better yet, post them here that would be great! Thanks!
What is needed is a questionnaire that people can fill out with every conceivable data-point.

jimdenburg said:

The TK102-2 from Xexun is quite popular/light/small/inexpensive and here is a post about it.
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php ... times-over!

Voila!

sergekouper said:
The TK102-2 from Xexun is quite popular/light/small/inexpensive and here is a post about it.
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php ... times-over!

Voila!

I've considered that one, thanks for the link! I'm actually kind of surprised there aren't more accounts from the Phantom crowd, considering the number of fly-aways reported.

A questionaire would be a good place to start, so would a map pointing out a Home Point, where it was indicated to be on Find My Phantom and where it ended up being recovered. Did it continue in a straight-line path or change direction and what was the wind speed and direction at the time? It would just be interesting to compare and try to nail down a pattern. It would also be cool to find out if they all go here...

or perhaps here...

Attachments

• misfits.jpg
    misfits.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 452
  • goodbye.jpg
    goodbye.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 402
jimdenburg said:
... I haven't seen one story on here of someone who lost their craft due to a fly away and was able to find it using a tracking device.

I am also interested in this. Has anyone actually used such a device to retrieve a lost bird?

Funny, I almost (but didn't) posted a similar topic yesterday :lol:

I have a TK 102 tracker that works fine and so am also very interested to know if one of these trackers already saved someone's (***) Phantom :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj