TP Link MR3080 Antenna mod

Reaction score
Anyone have a vid on how to install a external antenna for this in English. I've seen some vids but none that I've found in English. Also after you take out the 2 tiny screws how does the case pull apart? Don't want to break the plastic.
Thanks.

Anyone? If I can get the case apart I think I can handle the rest but just can't figure how to pull it apart???

Cajvol94,

Use something like a credit card to remove outer shell. Remove the battery, just plugs in.
Remove the two tiny screws.
Then, the hard part.
Your will see at least six small rectangular slots that engage the male plastic fittings from the back case.
A very thin blade or small screwdriver can be used to disengage these fittings. Difficult, some prying necessary.
Then you can get to the circuit board and then follow on-line procedures to install the antenna fitting.
I took apart an old router with four 2.4G antennae, used the cable and connector of one of them and then used the antenna on the TP Link.
Works well, not sure of the range. I tape it onto a sharpened wood yardstick and stick it in the ground near me.

mikeg26

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31