"Toy" drone

Reaction score
Hey everyone I know I asks a lot of question but I promise I read twenty more times then I ask.

My question is, is there a good "toy" drone you guys would recommend. I have three kids...my son is 14 (really pumped about us getting a drone, already really good at video. He is a scooter rider at the skateparks and produces all his owen stuff) and I have an 11 and 9 year old girls. I don't want to put the phantom I buy in there hands right away so I thought a less expensive "toy" one would get them used to flying.

Thoughts???

Honestly, there's really no comparison between a "toy" drone and a phantom. The only skill cross-over is perhaps ATTI flying, but even that is not particularly comparative.

My 9 year old nephew can fly my Phantoms. With good weather and GPS, you push the sticks where you want to go. Where kids generally need direction is with safety decisions.

Honestly, there's really no comparison between a "toy" drone and a phantom. The only skill cross-over is perhaps ATTI flying, but even that is not particularly comparative.

My 9 year old nephew can fly my Phantoms. With good weather and GPS, you push the sticks where you want to go. Where kids generally need direction is with safety decisions.
Good to know...I will just make sure they use the simulator for a bit first..maybe I will buy them a used or refurbished one to learn on like a model 2 or 3...good thinking

The fancy option:
Xiaomi Mi Drone WIFI With 1080P Camera 3-Axis
It has flying time of 27 minutes.
Equiped with GPS + GLONASS + vision-based positioning for max precision.
Link for the product and more details:
New Arrival Xiaomi Mi Drone WIFI FPV With 1080P Camera 3 Axis Gimbal RC Quadcopter RTF-in Camera Drones from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The cheap option:
My recommendation for drone is SYMA X8 4K Camera 1080p Ultra HD Wifi 2.4G.
The price is around 120$ and the company SYMA is highly recommended.
Link to the seller with good reviews:
SYMA X8C X8G X8W X8HG X8 FPV RC Drone With H9R 4K Camera 1080p Ultra HD WiFi 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter Helicopter Professional Dron-in RC Helicopters from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

SYMA x5c is what i practised on before getting my p3s. I find it to be a great flyer. If anything it got my head around when flying towards me stick input had opposite effect,stick left means turn right and visa versa. I think thats a cructial thing to understand. But with all these xbox games n dat i think most kids may have this down allready Cheaper than x8 also

Reactions: GraceIsTheKey
Thank you for your input but I decided to either get 2 P4Ps or if the five is released soon it will be those.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav