Total Loss After Prop Spinoff

Reaction score
I had my phantom 3 pro fall from 400 ft yesterday to be totaled. From reviewing the video we can see a prop fly off during a hovering shot and then the bare arm and motor in frame as the bird came down. Props were all snugged on before flight.
Found undamaged prop 25 yards away. Upon inspecting the phantom the motor that which the prop came off was jammed and grinding.
I believe that the motor must have jammed and stopped so hard in flight that the prop spun itself off?
No warning at all. Had 75% of battery left and had been flying several times before this happened.
Makes me sick.
Waiting until after the weekend to try and see if dji will be able to do anything to help.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I always snug my props with the included tool. There was a learning curve when DJI aded the braking system which was flinging props off that weren't properly tightened on. That is also why they are plastic hubs now instead of metal like the P2 props. If the motor is smoked then hopefully DJI will take care of it. ;)

Upon inspecting the phantom the motor that which the prop came off was jammed and grinding.
DJI is probably going to give you an RMA and have you send in your Phantom for inspection. Whatever you do, do not try to free that motor. Keep it as-is so they can see how it was when it crashed.

I had my phantom 3 pro fall from 400 ft yesterday to be totaled. From reviewing the video we can see a prop fly off during a hovering shot and then the bare arm and motor in frame as the bird came down. Props were all snugged on before flight.
Found undamaged prop 25 yards away. Upon inspecting the phantom the motor that which the prop came off was jammed and grinding.
I believe that the motor must have jammed and stopped so hard in flight that the prop spun itself off?
No warning at all. Had 75% of battery left and had been flying several times before this happened.
Makes me sick.
Waiting until after the weekend to try and see if dji will be able to do anything to help.
Why did you post this exact post on three different threads?

Phantom 3 - Motor Failure | DJI Phantom Forum
DJI warranty? | DJI Phantom Forum
Professional - Total Loss After Prop Spinoff | DJI Phantom Forum

Another classic example.

Thank you for your replies.
They were snugged up with the tool. I think that the motor must have stopped either through a jam or an ESC problem of some type.

So now you went and delete your other posts, why did u do that? I know what you're trying to do. It won't work.

So now you went and delete your other posts, why did u do that? I know what you're trying to do. It won't work.
I posted on multiple threds in an attempt to get help. There seemed to be a problem with that so I therefor deleted the repetive posts.
Is that a problem?
Just here looking for help

Reactions: bobmyers
I posted on multiple threds in an attempt to get help. There seemed to be a problem with that so I therefor deleted the repetive posts.
Is that a problem?
Just here looking for help
No problem at all, and welcome to the forum!
Please post video of your flight and we'll gladly assist u anyway we can.

Reactions: bobmyers
Not sure what anyone here can do for him. The motor seized, the prop spun off, it crashed. DJI should fix him up. ;)
Right? I sure hope they take care of me.
The video is pretty short. No video after just a few seconds of the death spin, but you can clearly see the arm and motor with no prop when the video is paused because the gimble looked up at the side that was falling.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik