Topping off battery

Reaction score
I know the rule if it is over 95% you should turn on the battery to top off but I have noticed 2 things.

Sometimes when I do this I immediately noticed the LED flashing (topping up) then eventually it turns off. This is fine

Sometimes however the LED does not flash, just shows 4 LED On and the battery just stays on until I turn it off or it auto turns off I guess? Has anyone else noticed this? What is best should I just leave it or assume if it shows 4 green lights no flashing it has topped up then unplug it?

Your manual should explain that four lights no flashing is 88-100% charge. This is not necessarily a full 100% charge. If the charger doesn't seem to want to charge prior to flight, I would want to force the charge by turning on the battery. The battery should charge. If the charger still won't charge the battery, it seems likely the battery is already at 100%.

Sometimes however the LED does not flash, just shows 4 LED On and the battery just stays on until I turn it off or it auto turns off I guess? Has anyone else noticed this? What is best should I just leave it or assume if it shows 4 green lights no flashing it has topped up then unplug it?

I've noticed it. The battery is fine (even when only charged in an off state) and bottom line.... you can't do anything else anyway.

happens to me on one of mine as well. Battery appears to be fine though.

I hope this doesnt mean the cells are connected directly to the charger power supply rail voltage (bypassing the charging circuitry in the battery). Turning on the battery closes a switch (probably a MOSFET device) connecting the batteru cells directly to the output terminals.

Connecting the charger directly to a lipo pack without voltage regulation and current limiting will at best shorten the pack life but nay also result in a spectacular failure with fire and hot gasses venting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.