TOP SPEED with OA enabled

Reaction score
I'm hopeful about the news from DJI that P4P can go 10mph faster with OA enabled, hence the claim is 32mph with obstacle avoidance ON. Can someone test that to confirm?

My P4 with OA enabled cannot do the 22mph claimed. 17mph is the best it will do in calm conditions, and it takes a long time to get up to 17mph, most the time doing 15mph unless I'm going with the wind. The strange thing is when I manually trigger RTH with OA on, the craft quickly heads home at exactly 22mph, and it reaches 22mph very quickly, and it will also do this with a slight headwind. I don't understand why it won't go past 17mph when flying in P mode with OA enabled. If you have a slight headwind, it's more like 13mph.

I'm hoping the new system will do 32mph, and do 32mph promptly, like ATTI mode. Has anyone confirm this yet?

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Following this test for sure John! You are right on about the slow speed of the P4 with OA turned on. Which is too slow for a lot of shots that are done. Makes you adjust your altitude to make the speed look right in video! The added 10mph should be perfect!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4