Top Speed Flying

Reaction score
My Hobby a little over a year ago was trying to break my own personal record at how high I could go. Eventually dji had changed the descent rate on the P2V+ to around 4.5mph. It was taking so long to descend that I was actually considering to CSC and then restart after 5 seconds. I made the decision to quit altogether and find a different high adrenalin activity. It didn't take long and I began doing Top Speed Flights.

I have always kept my aircraft stock and in the same setting as when flying normal. I never have modified anything to help improve performance, yet. If I had the ability to adjust the pitch it would make a huge difference. If I could make those adjustments with in the app I would be super happy.

With only a couple of chances to get out this season I have managed to climb to the top of the P3 ranks. :D

TopSpeed65.jpg

So is this a kudos to you thread? Or are you going to explain how you do it? Or is this just to let everyone know how awesome you are? *throws an Awesomefish*

S.

Reactions: snowghost
So is this a kudos to you thread? Or are you going to explain how you do it? Or is this just to let everyone know how awesome you are? *throws an Awesomefish*

S.

It's more like one of the Home Team is represent'n. But I will say that any discussion that has ever taken place in the past has always had it share of haters and non believers. This is the 1st time I have posted without including a video to go along with the speed. I couldn't use the video this time because I made the flight with the software that everyone will soon have access to. NDA stops me from showing it.

The part I hate to say is had the flight been done with P2V+ it would have been in the range of 80+mph. The reason for that is, in atti mode the P2V+ will gradually lose altitude which really helps in the case of top speed. The P3 in Amode maintains altitude straight across the graph extremely nice. In a 1/4 mile distance it might fluctuate 1ft. But whatever altitude you start at, it will pretty much be the same near the end of your point of slowing down.

To get the P3 to fly 65.85mph the anemometer I use measured the tailwind at 24mph.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj