Top distance

Reaction score
Hey guys I did a distance test with my p3s to and got 1.8km and was wondering what everyone else's top distance is please post and let me know
I was using a windsurfer other than that its stock also I was flying over my family farm not anyone else's property

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

0a81c5e07bb20850f83b0c37e46ed37b.jpg
3.8km stock with windsurfer

Reactions: dirtybum
Battery mod ??, sound interesting.

One detail i can told you, from the time i remove my complet gimbal/camera (it was defect), i gain almost 10 min of flying time.

I didn't think it would go that far but there is no signal interruptions because I'm in the country side:)

Was getting 1.8 mile then did firmware update and I can even go 100m before rth kicks in any one else have the same problem

Reactions: Gliding Drone Pilot
Was getting 1.8 mile then did firmware update and I can even go 100m before rth kicks in any one else have the same problem

Check you fail safe settings and see if the new software reset them.

Reactions: dirtybum
/off topic mode on: I think we should keep one distance topic to see all our records!

I have get mine up to 1.25km so far!

Anyone know what range is with argtek mod

Question. Using windsurfer or argtek to boost the range of RC, won't you still lose the video/gps map on the Dji go that depend on tablet wifi?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

So On topic:
I can barely get my P3 Standard 100 metres away either before the bloody thing reports Signal Lost in DJI Go and begins RTH!!
So bloody painful. I Feel your Frustration Bobby. I seriously think that I could Hurl my Phantom further than it will fly at present!
Can anyone shed some light or have any suggestions as to what to do?

Also Can someone please tell me what a Windsurfer is??

Hi. I did a distance test today over an open field far away from interference (some trees though).
I had constant signal on both video and RC for 1,25 km before losing signal and returning. Not too bad when it's rated 0,5 km here in CE mode-land (Norway). This is stock / no windsurfer.
After updating to the latest firmware firstly I was disappointed because I lost connection after 50-100 meters. This was in an area where there was a lot of interference, but the day before on older firmware I got a lot further. I don't know if the newer firmwares actually have made more problems with connection in areas with some interference or if it just varies from day to day, but today was a good day as I got proof that my drone is fine with distance as long as the air is "clean".

Hi. I did a distance test today over an open field far away from interference (some trees though).
I had constant signal on both video and RC for 1,25 km before losing signal and returning. Not too bad when it's rated 0,5 km here in CE mode-land (Norway). This is stock / no windsurfer.
After updating to the latest firmware firstly I was disappointed because I lost connection after 50-100 meters. This was in an area where there was a lot of interference, but the day before on older firmware I got a lot further. I don't know if the newer firmwares actually have made more problems with connection in areas with some interference or if it just varies from day to day, but today was a good day as I got proof that my drone is fine with distance as long as the air is "clean".

Did the firmware update reset to beginner mode which limit the distance to 100m?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik