Top 10 Gadgets?

Reaction score
Hi was wondering what you would class as good gadgets or accessories for the P3. And which ones do you own??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Check out my must-have list here.

Must have accessories
-----------------------
Mobile device iOS or android
Extra batteries
ND Filters
Gimbal support
Backpack
64GB micro SD card
Du-Bro prop balancer
DJI neck strap

Last edited:
Comprehensive list with good stuff, msinger

I did batteries, Polar Pro lens cap/gimbal guard, RC neck strap, windsurfers and 3 and 6 pack Polar Pro ND/cpl filters.

Want a Rush 72 Sandstone for a P3P. I don't like the Black limited edition GPC Pack. Enough black gear at my last position.

Was considering these additional apps. What are the main difference and advantages over the go app?

Look for vids on you tube... that should answer your question..

What is your definition of "accessories"? Most of what is posted in this thread are things you have to have in order to fly anyway right? Now a few like windsurfers, straps, filters and gimbal guard are the exception. But batteries, props and sd cars are a must in my opinion. I have also seen some really cool 3D printed lens covers some of you have been making and selling on eBay. Pretty sharp.

Is have to say my favorite gadget/accessory is a external GPS. Be sure to check out msinger's Phantom help list, if you want the best deal on things, chances are he knows where to get it. He's like the shaded guy in the alley that always has the hook up. "Psst, hey man, check out this weeks loot!" Lol

I noticed most of you turkeys forgetting a very important piece of equipment. Anemometer - Wind meter. I keep a Kestrel handy. Wind is one of the biggest factors and we cannot always rely on our birds for accurate readings.

Used to use a anemometer... now I just used an app called ikitesurf... shows the wind speed/direction and also has forecast table to show me what the winds will be doing the next flight day... very nice app... there are others that also show winds aloft...

Reactions: Andy Thomas
Was considering these additional apps. What are the main difference and advantages over the go app?

DJI is capable of disabling 3rd party apps.

3rd party apps totally depend on APIs exposed by DJI. This way DJI has full control on 3rd party apps.

Recently it was claimed that DJI blocked use of aftermarket batteries through SW. We expected a good competition but it was very unfortunate that they were blocked.

3rd party apps totally depend on APIs exposed by DJI. This way DJI has full control on 3rd party apps.

Recently it was claimed that DJI blocked use of aftermarket batteries through SW. We expected a good competition but it was very unfortunate that they were blocked.

would you mind explaining why you think DJI blocking a third party " hardware " supplier has any thing at all to do with a question about Litchi and/or Autopilot... considering DJI supplies the parameters to the third party " software " suppliers....

DJI is capable of disabling 3rd party apps.
FUD

While technically true, the reality is that DJI is actively trying to improve the SDK and fully supports the development of 3rd party apps (even though they still make a lot of "rookie" mistakes in the development/test/release cycle for their software).

DJI knows that 3rd party app developers vastly increase the capabilities of all their platforms. They have no incentive to "squeeze out" 3rd party apps, and every reason to support them.

Reactions: rickeyfitts
I noticed most of you turkeys forgetting a very important piece of equipment. Anemometer - Wind meter. I keep a Kestrel handy. Wind is one of the biggest factors and we cannot always rely on our birds for accurate readings.

Which Kestrel model do you have may I ask?

What is your definition of "accessories"? Most of what is posted in this thread are things you have to have in order to fly anyway right? Now a few like windsurfers, straps, filters and gimbal guard are the exception. But batteries, props and sd cars are a must in my opinion. I have also seen some really cool 3D printed lens covers some of you have been making and selling on eBay. Pretty sharp.

Good points, @CafeRacer. Here's a few of my favorite "nice- or fun-to-have accessories":

A micro SD memory card case:
Amazon.com: JJC MC-SDMSD12 Rugged Water-Resistant Memory Card Case (Black): Camera & Photo

My favorite 3D printed lens cap/gimbal lock set:
DJI Phantom 3 Deluxe YELLOW Flight Kit - Cap - Hood - Gimbal Lock & Guard + kc

A pretty cheap handheld anemometer:
http://amzn.com/B005DF9VUC

A VR Box or one of the many other plastic, Chinese goggle box knock-offs:
http://amzn.com/B01CFT3RMQ

Hi was wondering what you would class as good gadgets or accessories for the P3. And which ones do you own??

Carl ziess cinemiser glasses best. worst has got to be polar pro landing gear, totally useless and a waste of 30.00 pounds!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.