Took drone out today.

Reaction score
Decided to take drone out tonight to a local shoreline castle and while I was flying another chap pulled up and got out a P3 advanced to do a bit of filming like myself. I must say he was a lot braver than me with his distant flying malarkey. Anyway chatted with Colin from Neath for a while (nice chap) and watched his screen as he flew for a while and what I did notice was the horizon line was quite out of level, this didn't seem to bother him mind. We then had the drones side by side and as nice as the P3 is I am so glad I opted for the P4 and not my original choice the P3 Pro. It really is a much nicer looking drone imho.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lets see the video then! Pembroke is stunning. I want to fly at the fort just round from Fishguard. Oh and St Davids etc. I will have to take a trip down!
Before you dismiss the P3 Pro what range do you get? I recently had a new record of 2.84 miles before RTH kicked in no loss of signal at all. Totally standard as well.

Lets see the video then! Pembroke is stunning. I want to fly at the fort just round from Fishguard. Oh and St Davids etc. I will have to take a trip down!
Before you dismiss the P3 Pro what range do you get? I recently had a new record of 2.84 miles before RTH kicked in no loss of signal at all. Totally standard as well.
Good one! My P3 always gets better distance than my P4

Reactions: Wibble

I wasnt dismissing the P3 or putting it down, merely stating that as nice as it is i prefer the look of the P4 as for distance, i am too much of a coward to fly it too far away at the mo but my confidence in it is growing slowly.

You need to come to the pembs coast, beautiful scenery. Breacons are nice though, just got to watch the sas don't shoot your drone down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wibble
I wasnt dismissing the P3 or putting it down, merely stating that as nice as it is i prefer the look of the P4 as for distance, i am too much of a coward to fly it too far away at the mo but my confidence in it is growing slowly.

You need to come to the pembs coast, beautiful scenery. Breacons are nice though, just got to watch the sas don't shoot your drone down.

Chinooks are the worst problem - they usually fly below my house!!!
Just did a 15,000' flight no loss of signal but so hazy today. Might try Pmbroke next week so many stunning places to fly from. We are so lucky in Wales it is just we probably only get about 30 good flying days a year! Weather been stunning all week but way too windy up here. Today no wind but not nice.

Chinooks are the worst problem - they usually fly below my house!!!
Just did a 15,000' flight no loss of signal but so hazy today. Might try Pmbroke next week so many stunning places to fly from. We are so lucky in Wales it is just we probably only get about 30 good flying days a year! Weather been stunning all week but way too windy up here. Today no wind but not nice.
Off to Pembroke ?

Zero wind today, cloudy but dry.

Last edited:
When you fly a drone in the UK it is your responsibility to be aware of the rules that are in place to keep everyone safe.

Follow these simple steps to make sure you are flying safely and legally.

Make sure you can see your drone at all times and don't fly higher than 400 feet
Always keep your drone away from aircraft, helicopters, airports and airfields
Use your common sense and fly safely; you could be prosecuted if you don't.
Drones fitted with cameras must not be flown:

within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings or structures
over congested areas or large gatherings such as concerts and sports events

I would have been in the wrong going by UK law, the key is "drone with camera"

When you fly a drone in the UK it is your responsibility to be aware of the rules that are in place to keep everyone safe.

Follow these simple steps to make sure you are flying safely and legally.

Make sure you can see your drone at all times and don't fly higher than 400 feet
Always keep your drone away from aircraft, helicopters, airports and airfields
Use your common sense and fly safely; you could be prosecuted if you don't.
Drones fitted with cameras must not be flown:

within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings or structures
over congested areas or large gatherings such as concerts and sports events

I would have been in the wrong going by UK law, the key is "drone with camera"

As with all our stupid laws it isn't always that simple!
I have since read a new air directive that says you can fly to 1000'. Also you can't fly closer than 50m unless you are using the camera for FPV purposes. I assume they mean you aren't meant to be recording but they don't actually state that!
As usual just a mass of grey!
Good in a way it means common sense usually prevails!

I was about to get the Phantom 3 Pro, but decided to wait because it had already been a year of the P3P. Literally, the next day, I get an email about the P4 ;).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr