Too Many "Phantom_0000" to connect to

Reaction score
I tried to connect to two new PV2+ after battery charge's (Main and Extender), When the DJI App opened, there were more than one "Phantom_00000" showing to try to connect to. Finding one that would connect, it would either connect, then immediately go to "saved" or connect briefly, the camera would come on, then go blank. This was new, out of the box. No firmware upgrades attempted. I'm starting to think my control device is the problem, 2013 Nexus 7 w/4.4.3 ver Android. I used it 100% successfully w/my PV2. My Cell is not compatible, and I don't want to get into a new "contract" for a IPhone!
Bad luck or user error?

goinup said:
I tried to connect to two new PV2+ after battery charge's (Main and Extender), When the DJI App opened, there were more than one "Phantom_00000" showing to try to connect to. Finding one that would connect, it would either connect, then immediately go to "saved" or connect briefly, the camera would come on, then go blank. This was new, out of the box. No firmware upgrades attempted. I'm starting to think my control device is the problem, 2013 Nexus 7 w/4.4.3 ver Android. I used it 100% successfully w/my PV2. My Cell is not compatible, and I don't want to get into a new "contract" for a IPhone!
Bad luck or user error?

It's hard to tell from your description but what I think is happening is the cell phone is connecting to the wifi and then disconnecting for what it thinks is a better connection. In your Wi-Fi settings, turn off Smart Network Switch.

goinup said:
Bad luck or user error?

Not quite sure I am understanding your problem correctly? Go into your Nexus' Wi-Fi connections, and forget the Phantom connections. Then start fresh.

I turn off my home wi-fi before I start the PV2+ startup sequence to minimize other interference (I can take off from my yard). I power on the controller, extender then the phantom. Then after the 2d extender light stops blinking, I go into my wi-fi settings on the Nexus. There are 2-3 Phantom_00000 signals! I know it sounds bizzare, but that's now happened to two PV2+ attempts.

My Nexus does not have a "smart network" switch....

I posed this issue to DJI Tech Support, and received a response today:

Jun 19 08:04

Dear DJI customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technology.

Currently we are aware of an issue with the app where the amount of data is locking up the app.

To correct this issue we would suggest changing the phone over to airplane mode then turn the phone over to wifi. This will prevent signal interference from the phones service provider. Next we would like for you to press and hold the reset button on the range extender for 5 seconds to completely reset the connection. Once this has been done we would suggest going into the app settings and change the FPV preview settings to a lower Frames per second rate to decrease the amount of data streaming through the app.

Please be aware that the hardware of the unit is working correctly. This issue is with the App it self.

Another "issue" w/this DJI Tech advise is that when you reset the range extender, it then has to be re-bound to the PhantomV2+. Just checked to see it there is an android update for the DJI App, but not yet.
I'm starting to think DJI research and Quality Control leaves much to be desired.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj