Toilet Bowel Effect and SD Card formatting

Reaction score
A couple of unrelated issues.
1. Toilet bowl effect (where if flies in a circular motion when hovering). I have noticed mainly on initial take off this effect. If I land and take off again it seems to improve. Today this also caused an unstable landing, causing damage to one of the props. Fortunately though no other damage at all.
Could it have been due to insufficient GPS reception as it was struggling at times to get a lock.
2. I purchased a new 32gb SD card and had the 'invalid card error' which has been discussed before. Is there yet any definitive solution to the problem.
Thanks in advance....

1. Toilet bowel effect (where if flies in a circular motion when hovering). I have noticed mainly on initial take off this effect. If I land and take off again it seems to improve. Today this also caused an unstable landing, causing damage to one of the props. Fortunately though no other damage at all.
Could it have been due to insufficient GPS reception as it was struggling at times to get a lock.
2. I purchased a new 32gb SD card and had the 'invalid card error' which has been discussed before. Is there yet any definitive solution to the problem.
Thanks in advance....
Did you try to format it.

1. Toilet bowl effect (where if flies in a circular motion when hovering). I have noticed mainly on initial take off this effect. If I land and take off again it seems to improve. Today this also caused an unstable landing, causing damage to one of the props. Fortunately though no other damage at all.
It has nothing to do with GPS and the Phantom will not go into P-GPS mode unless it has sufficient satellites.
Toilet bowl effect is due to compass issues.
Either you have a good compass calibration and are flying close to a lot of steel etc or you are in a clean area and have a bad compass calibration.
I can cause it by hovering close above a steel roof but if I climb higher, it stops.
Some cards just don't work in the Phantom.
Does your problem card work in the computer?

Thanks in advance....
Format the card to FAT32

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub