Today's the day!!

Reaction score
Hi,
I finally will get my p4. UPS says it's out for delivery. Can't wait.
Meantime, I was just reading that thread about the cops and the guy in AZ. What a drag.
However, it raises a question. I live near Key West. Not a lot of open space (plenty of open ocean, but not for a beginner like me). What is considered "low"? If I'm going to fly around the neighborhood how high should I stay?

I put a flyer in my neighbor mailboxes telling them I'm getting this toy and not to worry I'm not going to be snooping and that I welcome them to come see and ask questions if they have any concerns.

Just trying to keep the wolves at bay.
Thanks ... Ed

Hi there,
Key west has a airport, you"ll have to fly somewhere else my friend, The latest update on the P4 will stop you from flying too,you have to be 5 mi outside the airport space

No worries. I live on Sugarloaf Key, it's at mile marker 17. The nearest airport is the Naval Air Station on Boca Chica which is around mile marker 7 or 8. So, I'm good to go as far as that goes.
I checked the B4UFLY app and it gives me a green light.
Thanks ... Ed

You picked a great place to be in that respect. It is even out of the geo-fencing enhanced warning area. (DJI.com/flysafe/geo-system/map) Just take your time and enjoy your P4.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Be wary of sea spray/mist.
You must know how that affects materials exposed to it. ;)

Seabirds can be aggressive, stiff breezes can take control of you quad if you lose GPS, it's no more likely to 'crash' over water vs land but recovery is more difficult and saltwater reduces chances of full recovery after exposure.

Have fun and post some of those [future] videos!!!

Reactions: captainmilehigh
On the airport 5 mile thing. I don't believe this is accurate. The 5 mile radius is usually RESTRICTED flight, not No Fly. The NFZ @ BWI is a 1.25 mile radius around the airport center. Beyond that iys just restricted so you can fly.

Hi there,
Key west has a airport, you"ll have to fly somewhere else my friend, The latest update on the P4 will stop you from flying too,you have to be 5 mi outside the airport space

Hi,
I finally will get my p4. UPS says it's out for delivery. Can't wait.
Meantime, I was just reading that thread about the cops and the guy in AZ. What a drag.
However, it raises a question. I live near Key West. Not a lot of open space (plenty of open ocean, but not for a beginner like me). What is considered "low"? If I'm going to fly around the neighborhood how high should I stay?

I put a flyer in my neighbor mailboxes telling them I'm getting this toy and not to worry I'm not going to be snooping and that I welcome them to come see and ask questions if they have any concerns.

Just trying to keep the wolves at bay.
Thanks ... Ed
I like your style, putting fliers in your neighbor's mailbox and above their house's :tonguewink:

LOL,

Fliers...

No flippen way. I fly. If onlookers have questions or seem curious, I give them the full brief. I show them what I actually see on the tablet screen. I tell them I'm registered by the FAA and fly strictly in concurrence with the FAA guidelines.

On the airport 5 mile thing. I don't believe this is accurate. The 5 mile radius is usually RESTRICTED flight, not No Fly. The NFZ @ BWI is a 1.25 mile radius around the airport center. Beyond that iys just restricted so you can fly.
Hey Dirty, in the latest firmware, what does "RESTRICTED" flight mean? Is there a reduced height limit or something? Or are you just talking about getting ATC approval first?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers