Today was my time finding the crack

Reaction score
I`ve flown 150 times probably, not sure because I`ve used litchi pretty much recently.

I saw this thing when I was inspecting it today.

What is the last words from DJI regarding this?
Do they send a new shell?
Do I have to send it in? I live in Norway, think that`s really expensive..

Image:
Dropbox - Crack!.jpg

Reactions: villep
What I have been hearing so far has been case basis. Since it's less than a year old I'd give them a call. I'm sure The'll want it sent in.

case basis?
I`ve sent an email.
How dangerous are theese cracks? Should I be grounded until the problem is fixed?
I understand there a diffrent types etc, mine is not that big, but a crack wil escalate in size over time I guess..

If that`s the case this was my ast mastermpiece for a long time..
Norway, Oslo

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, only I'd only had 20 flights (drone is just over 30 days old) with no crashes and I live in Australia. I've got a lot planned for October so wasn't really prepared to cop the delay of having my Drone sent back to China. I purchased a new shell today from a local supplier.

I've given some super glue designed for plastics a go first as I have read that people have had success doing that when the cracking is still minor. If the cracking is still evident (i.e the crack widens when applying torque to the arm) then I swap my kit into the new shell.

Thanks, I`m waiting for DJI to reply my email.
Maybe I`ll just put some plastic glue there too before it gets any worse..
I think DJI should stand up for this problem and either 1 send a new shell free of charge, or 2 take all cost shipping back and fourth + repair it.

This is certainly not our fault.

I would leave the crack and install the UAV Bits on the arms. The UAV Bits bypasses the broken plastic section on the arm to hold it in place. Therefore, it does not matter whether or not you install the UAV Bits before or after it starts cracking.

When the cracks first started on my first P3P I was unwilling to accept a product that when used as designed would develop these cracks. I wanted it to be perfect, especially for the amount of money I spent on it. But after dealing with DJI's exhausting and terrible customer service I assure you that it is not worth the trouble.

I have had 3 P3Ps at this point 2 of which developed a crack in at least one of the holes. I am certain that every single unit will, at some point, develop the crack in one of those screw holes. I have never experienced any evidence of the cracking impacting video quality or flight.

Bottom line is after my experience dealing with this from almost day 1, if I were you I would order the UAV Bits and install it and forget about it. It is not worth the effort and time you have to put forth to fix a cosmetic issue and get a replacement that will probably develop the cracks anyway.

EDIT: The last thing I would do is glue it. If you DO decide to send the unit in, it will void your warranty and there will be no chance of DJI replacing the shell at no charge at that point. Use zip ties or something.

Thanks for a good advice;)
Where can I get theese UAV Bits?, is it possibe to 3d print them? Are there any 3d files for download on the big world wide web?

i know this is a serious subject but i think the thread post is the funniest ive seen on here "my turn to find the crack" is brilliant i dont mean to affend anyone with this problem as i would be pissed myself but what a great thread title!

case basis?
I`ve sent an email.
How dangerous are theese cracks? Should I be grounded until the problem is fixed?
I understand there a diffrent types etc, mine is not that big, but a crack wil escalate in size over time I guess..

If that`s the case this was my ast mastermpiece for a long time..
Norway, Oslo

IMO DJI is obligated to fix this issue.. It is dangerous to fly a defective bird.

Started case with DJI now. And I`ve already buyed the motor reinforcement parts. hink I will send it in.

Have to try make people interested in topic subjects ELEHEAPO, I guess it worked;)

My P3P is just over 1 month old and had a small crack in arm #3 in the two holes inboard from the motor. I installed the six-screw reinforcing plates and flew another handful of times and found that the cracks were getting worse. So the reinforcing plates are not a panacea.

Rather than have the hassle of sending the unit in for warranty work I bought a replacement shell and received it today. I moved everything over (and I mean EVERYTHING, including the serial number stickers) to the new shell. This took the better part of 3 hours.

It looks and flies like new -- as it should! Will see how long this shell lasts...

My P3P is just over 1 month old and had a small crack in arm #3 in the two holes inboard from the motor. I installed the six-screw reinforcing plates and flew another handful of times and found that the cracks were getting worse. So the reinforcing plates are not a panacea.

Rather than have the hassle of sending the unit in for warranty work I bought a replacement shell and received it today. I moved everything over (and I mean EVERYTHING, including the serial number stickers) to the new shell. This took the better part of 3 hours.

It looks and flies like new -- as it should! Will see how long this shell lasts...
Was there any noticeable differences in the shells? If not why would one expect a different result?

I am sure DJI is happy that some owners with cracked shells spend their own money to replace DJIs defective part rather than sending it in.

Reactions: brianb87
Was there any noticeable differences in the shells? If not why would one expect a different result?

I am sure DJI is happy that some owners with cracked shells spend their own money to replace DJIs defective part rather than sending it in.
You are probably right. There was no difference between the two shells that I could see. At least this way the warranty is on the replacement part rather than the entire aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20