Today Is The Day

Reaction score
Phantom Vision 2+ due in today. I have been flying the Original Parrot for a couple of years. Looking forward to having more complete control, along with the GPS related stability and Fly Home.

The Parrot was a christmas gift from my wife, and has been fun on calm days in wide open spaces. Thanks to the community here for such comprehensive support and information. I have been reading for a few days straight.

You must be excited and we've all been in your shoes. Take things slow, easy and cautious on your first couple of flights and even though you have previous experience. Get a feel for the bird and how she responds before testing her limits more.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sasquatch said:
You must be excited and we've all been in your shoes. Take things slow, easy and cautious on your first couple of flights and even though you have previous experience. Get a feel for the bird and how she responds before testing her limits more.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I would read the manual as much as you can. And look at youtube P2v+ instructional videos...

I've had mine for just little over a month and still learning. Cheers!

Always make sure those GPS lights blink quickly before taking off, I usually bring it up then turn the controller off to make sure it starts to come home :) Also if you don't wanna break props, when landing I usually just grab it when it's hovering, if you try to land it, it might tip over and break your props.

Got my first crash out of the way. No damage, although when it tumbled the battery popped out. I learned to pay closer attention to the lights, and take off slow and easy. I did manage to take some video, although the iPhone screen is nearly impossible in bright light.

It was also 115° here today, so a little too warm to enjoy the great outdoors.

Take off procedure is wrong. Not 'slow and easy'. FULL THROTTLE. Then you can relax a bit when you get a few meters up.

Soulnet said:
Take off procedure is wrong. Not 'slow and easy'. FULL THROTTLE. Then you can relax a bit when you get a few meters up.
+1
Throttling up slow can cause a tipover. Jump up to 1 or 2 meters as quickly as you can comfortably.
Altitude is your friend. (to a point)

With a slow takeoff, the on board accelerometers are getting a mix of readings between being on the ground and being in the air.
There's torque, wind and other factors that can cause one side to raise up faster than the other side. If you jump up quickly that becomes less of a factor.
You'll usually come up at an angle until the flight controller levels out, so make sure you have plenty of clearance around you and the faster you rise up the shallower than angle will be.

That's funny because I finally sold my Parrot today, been trying to for quite awhile. The AR Drone is a decent machine, especially for it's time, but the PV2+ is a Cadillac compared to it in every way possible.

Congratulations! As per everyone recommendation read that manual cover to cover several times until you can regurgitate the procedures verbatim. There are several very good high quality How To youtube videos. If you would like to watch them please advise and I will send you the URl's of some of the most informative ones as I downloaded them. Once again as per everyone here instructions, on take off make sure you punch up pretty quick to avoid tip over. Watch your GPS Satellites and be patient before launching give it plenty of time to acquire satellites. Sometimes I will give her 2 or 3 minutes even if I have 7 or 8. Sometimes waiting an extra minute can get you a few more. Once again congratulations. My best advice is to listen to the guys here on the forum. They will never lead you wrong intentionally and most of the folks no their stuff forward and backwards. If you will spend a good bit of time here on the forum it won't be long and you will know your stuff forward and backwards too. Fly safe and have FUN!!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31