To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?

Reaction score
Just bought a phantom 2, and I've read differing opinions on software upgrades for the transmitter+phantom. Should I upgrade immediately or fly as shipped? Lmk what you think! Thanks!

I would not fly it without first doing ALL updates. Keep in mind that these updates fix KNOWN BUGS, and all updates work correctly if you follow the directions.

He may be referring to this warning that Dronfly.com has on the P2 page...

ATTENTION PHANTOM 2 OWNERS: Upon receiving your Phantom 2, we do not immediately recommend upgrading via the Phantom 2 software unless absolutely necessary. Numerous customers have filed complaints to us about bugs following plugging their devices in. The software has now been updated, but without further review.

I believe the current advice is to update ALL the firware APART from the Zenmuse.

Just a bit of additional info on the tx firmware update (sorry if this has already been posted)

I have been struggling with the gimbal being too fast after the last gimbal update

I connected my transmitter up to the TX assistant and it said it had the latest firmware, so i did a X1 calibration and ever since the X1 has been uncontrollably fast
I was advising not to update this due to my experience.

Yesterday, i thought to hell with it and updated the transmitter firmware, even though it said it was on the latest version... I then did a X1 calibration again, and BOOOM - its all good - smooth pans like butter

So... run the firmware update, even if it doesnt need it - it makes all the difference

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20