To upgrade or not to upgrade Pro

Reaction score
Hi all you clever guys out there, need some advise please.

Taking a break last year from any RC and Drone flying and upgraded my mobile phone with which I'm flying to Samsung Note 9. Downloaded the DJI Go app already, but now for the million dollar question. As you would imagine, the red warnings everywhere to upgrade. Now for the discussion to upgrade or not to, because I have had no issues with my BUG as it flies like, well a healthy BUG :)

What I could gather for the clever people:

App = 3.1.46
Version = 1.8.80
Remote = 1.6.0
Basic Fly Safe Database = 01.00.01.09

What say you me hearties? Upgrade or let the warnings show, but stay put with what I have got?

Thanks in advance.

What say you me hearties?

I say:
"Leave well enough alone"
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
"If it's flying well, why chance it?"

I've been ignoring an FW update notice on my p3p for well over a year now.

I’ve not upgraded anything DJI related and fly only with Litchi. I’ve not had any new restrictions forced on my P4P V 2.0. Therefore I’ll not upgrade unless I have to in order to keep flying and then only after all options have failed.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Taking a break last year from any RC and Drone flying and upgraded my mobile phone with which I'm flying to Samsung Note 9. Downloaded the DJI Go app already, but now for the million dollar question. As you would imagine, the red warnings everywhere to upgrade. Now for the discussion to upgrade or not to, because I have had no issues with my BUG as it flies like, well a healthy BUG :)

App = 3.1.46
Version = 1.8.80
Remote = 1.6.0

What say you me hearties? Upgrade or let the warnings show, but stay put with what I have got?

Thanks in advance.
I always kept my P3S up to date. Then after the last update it seems I was losing range. DJI fixed it under warranty, however, I later heard stories that the update may have had something to do with the damage to the main board. I know own a new P3S.

My P3P is probably two updates behind but flies great. I think the only difference between my current firmware and the most recent is the geo fencing. With that, I'm ignoring the "update required" banner.

App = 3.1.46
Version = 1.8.80
Remote = 1.6.0

Thanks in advance.
I agree with most. Keep it the way,it is. I wouldn't bet the farm, but I think the upgrades are a lot about sentencing. I have 3 p3p .. one original fw, one upgraded and works, and on upgraded and dead. Also, don't think that downgrading the fw will revert...you have an app, controller, and drone to sync...It's really messy. I tried it. Hence dead drone.

Thanks all for your replies. I will leave all as it is then. Just wanted to make sure that the software all fitted together though, especially my phone, but all seems well and I will fly shortly.

Regards

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4