To upgrade firmware or leave it as it is?!

Reaction score
My P3S is flashing up that it requires a firmware update.
I think it is at 1.5 at the moment.
I personally hate updating firmware on any piece of hardware and in my experience the only thing firmware updates do is to make the device less accessible.
Is this definitely worth doing or is it just a waste of time? Will the latest dji go app continue working with this early firmware?

SC

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I personally hate updating firmware on any piece of hardware and in my experience the only thing firmware updates do is to make the device less accessible.
Firmware updates are optional. You don't have to upgrade it if you're happy with what you have now.

Will the latest dji go app continue working with this early firmware?
If it works now in the current version, it'll continue to work. Will it always work in future releases of DJI GO? We'll have to wait and see. I'm thinking it will though since DJI is not known for releasing software updates that aren't compatible with older firmware.

Hey Skull: Msinger is correct in that updates are not needed if you have no problems. I myself do not upgrade anything if I have a working setup---- drone, computers, phones, TVs cars, etc. I have a litle P3A and have had the same versions for a long time. When I open DJI Go it mentions a 'firmware update required' for a few seconds and then gives up. I fly all the time and have (knock on wood) zero incidents. This is what works for me:
Phantom 3 Advanced Software

DJI Go 2.8.1
Aircraft 1.9.60
Remote C 1.6.0
Flight Controller sn 03Z0243119

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member