To update or not... this is the eternal question...

Reaction score
Really two questions...

1) Just got my new P3A via UPS today. I've had to shelf all my P2+V3 stuff (Batteries, chargers, parts/pieces). When I look at the props I had that came with the P2+V3, they look identical to the ones that came with the P3A. Anyone know of any difference?

2) So, brand new P3A. Took it out this evening to re-introduce myself to flying again. Been almost three months waiting for my replacement. Lots of new stuff to learn. With that in mind, the more I read, the more hesitant I am to update. The DJI Go app keeps barking that it wants an update. What are the +/- for updating the P3A?

I personally don't update until the bird refuses to fly without it. If it's working fine, why mess with it?
However, in your case with such a long wait, I would probably do the updates just to get everything back updated on the same page.

1) Just got my new P3A via UPS today. I've had to shelf all my P2+V3 stuff (Batteries, chargers, parts/pieces). When I look at the props I had that came with the P2+V3, they look identical to the ones that came with the P3A. Anyone know of any difference?
Props are the same size BUT the P3 props have a "sticky" composite hub while the P2 props have metal threads.
This is to cope with the dynamic braking used in the P3.
Don't use the old P2 props on the P3.
Really two questions...
2) So, brand new P3A. Took it out this evening to re-introduce myself to flying again. Been almost three months waiting for my replacement. Lots of new stuff to learn. With that in mind, the more I read, the more hesitant I am to update. The DJI Go app keeps barking that it wants an update. What are the +/- for updating the P3A?
Don't get too distracted by forum chatter - it can give an incorrect impression.
New P3P owner with some questions... | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: Flyer91
Why must this be the eternal question? Isn't there enough written ad nauseum about this already? There's at least two major current threads. Have a read.

I've actually read three threads, but as usual the opinions vary from hot to cold. Just looking for the most recent opinions about the latest version of updates. Pardon the repetitiveness.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik