To return the V3 or not to return

Reaction score
Im very nervous about flying the new model V3 today because of all the negative posts and incidents happening these past few weeks only with the new models. Im thinking that maybe I should return the unit but I have so much invested such as 4 batteries, go professional case, moverio bt 200s, and stage 2 antennas(which I have not installed on this bird yet). I bought through B and H and Im concerned that if this bird drops out of the sky if they will even take it back. Decisions... :?

I would call B&H and discuss the situation with them and get their take on it, just to get an indication of how the dealer would handle such an incident. Would be interesting to find out if they are aware of the incidents considering they are such a popular distributor.

I say fly it. I have a V3 with a stage two and haven't had a problem. Make sure software is updated and the bird is all calibrated and you should be fine.
Like someone else posted...People are more likely to post a negative comment about a product.

My V3 has had no problems over almost 40 fights, so I say fly it. While no doubt electrical glitches can and do bring these things down, I think pilot error remains far and away the main reason they crash.

If we all lived our lived guided by stuff we read on the internet....we'd all be screwed. You can't let internet anecdotes guide your life. There is NO statistical validity whatsoever for that kind of decision-making.

MacCool said:
I think pilot error remains far and away the main reason they crash.

I thought that too, till mine crashed of its own accord.

I agree there are a lot of them crashed due to pilot error. Just saying that isn't the only cause, and while I have no proof, I don't think it is a statistically insignificant number that crash not due to pilot error.

jasonb777 said:
Im very nervous about flying the new model V3 today because of all the negative posts and incidents happening these past few weeks only with the new models. Im thinking that maybe I should return the unit but I have so much invested such as 4 batteries, go professional case, moverio bt 200s, and stage 2 antennas(which I have not installed on this bird yet). I bought through B and H and Im concerned that if this bird drops out of the sky if they will even take it back. Decisions... :?

I'm in the same boat as you bud I had a fly away with my Fc40 mostly fault so I upgraded 2 the p2v+ v3 model I've been reading all the negative reviews so I called a few well known companies and they all said out of the thousands they sold they hadnt had any back I'm just gonna bite the bullet take half a dozen safe test flights and if it does go down at least you can send it back to be fixed etc then enjoy the bloody thing!!

richiewrt said:
I agree there are a lot of them crashed due to pilot error. Just saying that isn't the only cause

Yeah. I said that too.

richiewrt said:
and while I have no proof, I don't think it is a statistically insignificant number that crash not due to pilot error.

Well, many people take internet forums as some kind of statistically valid representation, so I understand your thinking. Get back to us when you can actually apply some statistical significance. Not trying to be rude, but "gut feelings" based on internet anecdotes....hmmm.

For me V3 is fine, too. One thing only disturbs - with some battery with full ascent "battery current error" comes up and battery symbol flashes. Ease stick out and warning is gone. But still good after 40 flights

You can always do preventative measures. On my P2 Ver2 i seperated the wires will minimise shorting if the wires happen to allegedly melt.

Before
Screenshot_2015-01-02-10-04-22.png

After
Screenshot_2015-01-02-10-04-28.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair