To Phantom Vision or to Phantom 2 (not Vision) that is the ?

Reaction score
When video stability is important - there is simply 1 choice. Phantom 2 (non vision) with Zenmuse Gimbal & GoPro. I bought Vision in Dec, flew 2 months and cross-graded to Non Vision Phantom 2. To help you decide - I flew both filming each other. You can watch in at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTBs5mNT_OA . I should have cut video shorter but you can FF in Youtube.

Phantom 2 Vision is great if you want an all in one solution and don't plan on doing too much fancy work with video. Great fun, easy and decent for photos.

Unfortunately I jumped in 2 weeks before Phantom 2 (non vision) was available (or even announced) and thus now have 2 Phantoms. One which is for sale!

Re: To Phantom Vision or to Phantom 2 (not Vision) that is t

TexDubbo said:
When video stability is important - there is simply 1 choice. Phantom 2 (non vision) with Zenmuse Gimbal & GoPro. I bought Vision in Dec, flew 2 months and cross-graded to Non Vision Phantom 2. To help you decide - I flew both filming each other. You can watch in at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTBs5mNT_OA . I should have cut video shorter but you can FF in Youtube.

Phantom 2 Vision is great if you want an all in one solution and don't plan on doing too much fancy work with video. Great fun, easy and decent for photos.

Unfortunately I jumped in 2 weeks before Phantom 2 (non vision) was available (or even announced) and thus now have 2 Phantoms. One which is for sale!

Completely agree. and the video you have posted is good resource for those looking for a comparison. I have both P1 and PV and love them both, but the gimbal and go pro make a big difference.

Pull_Up said:
Of course there's now the option of Vision plus Dronexpert brushless gimbal, and shortly Rotorpixel brushless gimbal...

Is the dronexpert gimbal finally out? heard about it but did not know if it was in production yet or not.

amrflyingdude said:
Pull_Up said:
Of course there's now the option of Vision plus Dronexpert brushless gimbal, and shortly Rotorpixel brushless gimbal...

Is the dronexpert gimbal finally out? heard about it but did not know if it was in production yet or not.

Yep, first deliveries started to hit doorsteps a few days back. Check out the dronexpert gimbal thread on here for some end-user videos and reviews...

CunningStuntFlyer said:
TexDubbo said:
When video stability is important - there is simply 1 choice. Phantom 2 (non vision) with Zenmuse Gimbal & GoPro. I bought Vision in Dec, flew 2 months and cross-graded to Non Vision Phantom 2. To help you decide - I flew both filming each other. You can watch in at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTBs5mNT_OA .

It would be helpful if you shared your capture settings and your processing workflow. While the Vision footage has the typical over-sharpened/contrasty look your GoPro footage looks much softer than normal.

The GoPro footage looks like you have a 3+ with the close focus issue or you captured in Protune but didn't sharpen in post.
____
Hi CunningStuntFlyer, Didn't modify the footage any other than cut the bits worth sharing. I only just took delivery of the P2 and am still in experimental stage with the GoPro. I did see the ProTune setting on the GoPro and can't recall if the setting was on or off.

I'm still working towards establishing an optimal workflow. Any suggestion very welcome. I'm just cutting at this stage using iMovie. I'm in the middle of uploading some clips I took yesterday over Hillarys Marina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7dobIEhxNc
at Hillarys Boat Harbour., Perth. I did notice iMovie down sampled the GoPro vid to 720p to match the resolution of the P2V.

The Hillarys video was all done on the GoPro so being uploaded at 1080p.

I know I need to shorten my cutting to stop boredom from non P2 lovers like me. Thats my first tip to myself. Other tips are very welcome. Over coming weeks I'm going to visit different sites around Perth and hopefully improve my workflow and quality.

All just for fun of course and to de-stress from my day job.

BTW this is an awesome hobby. Am just loving it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj