To guard or not to guard

Reaction score
I installed the DJI blade guards on my new P3S. Right now I consider them as "training wheels" while I learn to fly. I'll be taking them off in a week or so (depending on how many flights I can get in between cold rain, wind, and snow storms.

So... what is the general consensus about using guards?

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

engage.gif

I just bought some of the snap on guards. It was a little windy today but I wanted to try them anyways. After less than one minute and 20 feet up, I realized how much wind they grab. Landed quickly, not easy! I don't think I'm a fan of them. --- 10 flight rookie on a Phantom 3 Standard.

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: tjshelton
If you're flying in a large open space there is no need for them. If you plan to fly close to buildings, ie. for inspection, or whatever, then you could gently bump against a wall without crashing. They do help with visibility. I have some snap-ons, but haven't used them in a long time.

Reactions: tjshelton
I'll keep mine on & I really don't see a wind issue , unless wind speed is really up there , then it will effect the Drone with or with out the Guards , I fly in a wooded area & above it , looking at & for Game animals & Birds.
Mine have saved my Prop's many times when caught in the branches of trees flying out . The wind & my panicking bounced my Drone off a Concrete Power Pillar , that would have probably broken the Prop's , just bounced off with no damage , but they are correct , if you fly high & have no obstructions , you probably don't need them , but if you like a challenge avoiding obstructions for some one of a kind shots or real challenges , you may want them .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31