To FPV HUB or not FPV HUB that is the question!

L

lightingbryan

So many people have told me one way or another about using the DJI hub. I am thinking of using it for the ALV58 and the iOSd. So why would you want to use it and why would you not.

State your case lol

you WOULD want to use the official DJI FPV hub if you're using all DJI equipment such as the AVL58 and iOSD mini, and don't want to have to solder anything. The hub just lets you plug everything in and voila, done.

You would NOT want to use it if you had any other FPV transmitter and/or you don't have a problem with minor soldering.

Jumping in on this thread, has anyone had any experience installing one of these on the Phantom 2?
Just want to know where it actually plugs in on the Phantom board (Is it the Zenmuse socket?) and where have people been sticking it in the housing?

Only I want to put the Zenmuse Power Filter Band in as well.

Any experiences, would love to know.

Many thanks.

shootinglight said:
Jumping in on this thread, has anyone had any experience installing one of these on the Phantom 2?
Just want to know where it actually plugs in on the Phantom board (Is it the Zenmuse socket?) and where have people been sticking it in the housing?

Only I want to put the Zenmuse Power Filter Band in as well.

Any experiences, would love to know.

Many thanks.

I have this setup for the reasons listed above. I have it mounted on the bottom exterior along with the AVL58 and the iOSD mini. It all fits nicely. It is dead easy to plug in - just follow the instructions. You can/should remove the existing video wire though, which means opening up the shell.

I used the FPV hub on my Phantom 2 and it was real PLUG and PLAY.
I have the Dji58 and Mini Iosd and the Gopro.

lightingbryan said:
So many people have told me one way or another about using the DJI hub. I am thinking of using it for the ALV58 and the iOSd. So why would you want to use it and why would you not.

State your case lol
For what it cost, it is a good idea.

There is no need to open the Phantom, and as you are using the AVL58, there is no soldering needed. You need double sided tape (provided) and maybe cable ties to secure the wires.

It will take you all of 5 minutes to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20