To enable downward vision positioning or not to?

Reaction score
:Enable Vision Positioning : Under what circumstances would I NOT enable this? Just don't get the logic here. Thanks for any help, perhaps I've missed reading about this. And why would RTH Obstacle switch be off by default in the Go app?

Thanks!

If you are flying over a reflective surface (like water) you would want to turn it off. Reflected light messes with it.
On the RTH thing, I have no clue. I should think it would be on by default. m

:Enable Vision Positioning : Under what circumstances would I NOT enable this? Just don't get the logic here. Thanks for any help, perhaps I've missed reading about this. And why would RTH Obstacle switch be off by default in the Go app?

Thanks!
Gosh lucky u had a look,,gona check mine :)

If you are flying over a reflective surface (like water) you would want to turn it off. Reflected light messes with it.
On the RTH thing, I have no clue. I should think it would be on by default. m
Ok, great, thank u, but under what circumstances would I want to turn it on? GPS would be disabled if it is on.

Ok, great, thank u, but under what circumstances would I want to turn it on? GPS would be disabled if it is on.
Hi really needs to be on or wont hover at low height properly ,,just had this 2 days ago because i turn off to put strobe lite there,i took off could not hoer in place ,,landed turned back on it was normal and unless u in atti mode gps always there.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jsposito
If flying indoors, this is all that maintains altitude because building blocks GPS signals.
Yep buti was outside when mine just happen,,gezz got me thinking now,,:oops:im sure gps built into ac and talks to rc cause if even if u inside or outside,,if u got no gps you got no RTH ,,,,is right or now i confuesed:)

Yep buti was outside when mine just happen,,gezz got me thinking now,,:oops:im sure gps built into ac and talks to rc cause if even if u inside or outside,,if u got no gps you got no RTH ,,,,is right or now i confuesed:)

I think I'll have to do my homework on ATTI mode. Sometimes I get 6 sattellites indoors with GPS and that's not enough. For me, when indoors, I have broken a prop guards / and props. True, the prop guards did not protect the propellers, but I'm sure without the guards I'd have a cracked arm or damaged motor.

Well in certain situations or conditions, mostly controlled. For example, when you do not want vision position to adjust the position of the aircraft in any way. It's good to be able to disable these systems just in case you need it to stay put when you expect it to, maybe you have it indoors and you have clear view of the sky so you can get a good GPS lock but maybe water on the floor (pool or stage) and you don't want VPS to change or modify the behavior. It's good to be able to disable these things. I disabled radar this weekend because I needed to get closer to something than it wanted to allow me and I was tired of hearing the beeping so I turned it off for that instance.

Well in certain situations or conditions, mostly controlled. For example, when you do not want vision position to adjust the position of the aircraft in any way. It's good to be able to disable these systems just in case you need it to stay put when you expect it to, maybe you have it indoors and you have clear view of the sky so you can get a good GPS lock but maybe water on the floor (pool or stage) and you don't want VPS to change or modify the behavior. It's good to be able to disable these things. I disabled radar this weekend because I needed to get closer to something than it wanted to allow me and I was tired of hearing the beeping so I turned it off for that instance.
Ok thanks good to know

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj