To DJI register or not to DJI register

Reaction score
I bought my P3P second hand. I read a lot here and elsewhere before buying. Now that I own it, I am questioning if I should register it with DJI.

I used the phantompilots search looking for some threads on the pros and cons. I couldn't find any on topic threads. I then used the google advanced search. Again, no good hits.

Can you guys here let me know if it's worth while?

Thanks in advance

You must register your Phantom in DJI GO before you can fly.

Maybe I was not clear in the opening post. I will try again, start over, and give more detail.

I decided I wanted to buy a P3P. I didn't want to spend top dollar. I did some research here including the pros/cons and risks with buying a used drone. I located an ad for a gently used P3P in my area. I asked questions of the seller that others had posed here on the pantompilots.com board who were also considering buying (or had bought) a used drone.

I met the guy at the hobby shop he bought it at. An employee of said shop vouched for the seller and the drone. After a demonstration flight I bought it.

I came home and did weeks of research including reading here. I found that since I am the second owner, some things had been done already like linking the remote to the drone. It appeared to me to be ready to fly. Believe it or not, I did not fly the drone for almost a month. I finally got the guts when the weather was nice and I flew it.

I did not create an account with DJI.

So, back to the original question, should I create an account with DJI?

I did create an account with healthy drones and found that the previous owner also did.

I hope I dont get 10 replies calling me an idiot or that I violated drone code.

Thanks again in advance

should I create an account with DJI?
Creating a DJI account and registering a Phantom are really different things. If you really want to register your Phantom, you'll have to contact DJI support and ask them to unregister it from the previous owner. Do you have to do that? No.

If you really want to register your Phantom, you'll have to contact DJI support and ask them to unregister it from the previous owner.

I think you are getting there with respect to what I am asking. I do not know if I really want to register my P3P with DJI. That is what I am looking for your input on. I get I do not NEED to.

I read here the benefits registering with healthy drones so I did.

Thanks man

What don't you really WANT to register?

Well, there are two reasons. First, it was not easy registering with the FAA. Second, based on some of the negative feedback here toward DJI support.

I officially give up.

Thanks and thanks

It sounds like you've made your decision :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20