To aspire to be a Better pilot!

Reaction score
Hey Guys/Gals,
Jerry here, have not posted anything new in a while, as I have been 2 busy at work, but have been logging many flights whenever I can. As most of you know, I've been flying heli's as well, just hit 100 flights without incident. ( have not gone inverted yet ) on tail forward still.

The reason I'm posting,
Is, I was wondering if any of you practice flying OTHER than ( NOSE FORWARD )?

Example, fly with battery forward!

Flying heli's requires you to be just as good flying in any given orientation ( i.e.: nose forward, tail forward, left forward, or right forward, and any combination in between )

My phantoms have taught me this well, enabling me to fly heli's!

I've gotten really efficient at flying nose forward, and tail forward, and am OK ( right and left ) been practicing that lately ( phantom )

If you have not tried these types of maneuvers, they are extremely hard to do!
Just try to fly out 1 battery, while ALWAYS keeping battery facing in FRONT! Everything is reversed except throttle. I practice these daily, as I'm wanting to go inverted with the heli, but a professional heli pilot told me, if I can't fly it efficiently in ANY ORIENTATION, I'm not ready for inverted flight!

I also found, in doing these maneuvers, I've become a MUCH better pilot, can easily maneuver around tight spaces or objects In Any orientation. I still goof up now and again, no crashes, only an occasional whoops, wrong way!

I was just wondering if I was the only one flying crazy maneuvers like that? ( to better myself )
Cause:
I get a Lot of " Your doing it wrong " and my reply is: " Am I? "

Just sayin'
J Dot
:cool:

All thoughts welcome! Take care, Fly safe! Have a great evening!
It's gotta be better than this guys!
image.png

Reactions: dirkclod
I practice flying backwards, sideways and do so in ATTI a lot . It does help to make you prepared for about anything .

Reactions: J Dot
J Dot . Thanks for the great post. I too try to control my flying maneuvers with some sort of purpose. Turning the wrong direction is part of the learning process I suppose, even tho I feel a bit dumb when it happens. But I'll get there. And thanks also for the pic. I laugh my a** off every time I see it. Don't get me wrong.....I feel for the guy.....but geez!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Flying a CP heli will make flying your Phantom almost like bumper bowling. Keep up the practicing and you'll notice a huge improvement overall.

Figure 8's are great practice for new fingers and flying the heli will help you fly your Phantom with better coordination. Keep this in mind... flying your Phantom will make your CP heli flying sloppy LOL! At least that's what happens with me. I get lazy when flying the Phantom and do things I can't "Get Away With" on the Helis.

Yes Big Al,
I too have done that, mostly fly with a tail wobble, as yaw is a huge part of heli flying when not in 6g mode, I fly 3D but don't dare go inverted yet, 6g is almost boring to me, pretty much everything is controlled by gyros, you let the sticks go ( it just hovers there ( pretty much )) in 3D, NOT the case, you control EVERYTHING ( still has some gyro I assume, I guess similar to ATTI mode on phantom ( in a sense ) but LOADS OF FUN!

You know Dirk,
I've never flown mine in ATTI mode, believe it or not, or naza mode, or manual! I guess orientation is what I'm after, but I'm going to give it a whirl, if I crash, I'll send it to you to fix! ( your it! )
( ps: How is MIA these days? )

And Captainmilehigh,
Your welcome my friend, I laugh at it too, but also feel the pain! WINNING!

I was going to post this ( this is what we see in my backwoods town ) although you have to admit ( either he enjoys it, or is USED TO IT! ) freaking hicks!)
image.png

GET-ER-DUN!

Have a great day!
Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

You know Dirk,
I've never flown mine in ATTI mode, believe it or not, or naza mode, or manual! I guess orientation is what I'm after, but I'm going to give it a whirl, if I crash, I'll send it to you to fix! ( your it! )
( ps: How is MIA these days? )

I went into naza mode right from the start and really isn't hard buddy and if you do crash..which you won't I got this friend ;)
Mia3...
monker thumbup.gif

The only time I fly inverted, is when I'm trying to regain control of the Cessna.......

Reactions: BigAl07 and J Dot
**** Air Ontario,
You fly the big guns! Betcha that is quite the rush! Been in several planes/jets, but never done any tricks or rode with anyone wanting to cut loose! Bummer! But sounds SWEET!

Dirk,
Did you get my email, about new #6?

Just picked it up, he had the camera removed, and the servo plug was inside belly, and when he tried to put battery in ( he said it swelled and was bad ) he only had 18 charge cycles on it, but problem was servo plug, battery was hitting it when inserted, causing it not to FULLY insert, so com pins were not touching! I pulled the plug out the bottom ( which unfortunately is broken because he tried to FORCE the battery in ) but I fixed it already, but she fired up, everything's my is perfect, checking now the firmware, hoping 3.06 or earlier? Will get back! But $90 that ain't bad ( only had to fix one connector ( servo pitch wire ))
Now I feel bad, he was talking like it was broken for parts only! A closer look would have revealed the issue!
I guess a good deal is a good deal? Plus he said he just did not want it anymore, but could not bring himself to throw it in the trash! So maybe I saved her from an untimely death!

J Dot
@dirkclod

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm always flying in other than nose forward orientations.Nose in and nose out orbits and tracking moving vehicles while flying sideways.A favourite to test my skills is to try orbiting a moving vehicle and keep it in shot.That gets tricky when the vehicle is travelling over 40Kph.

At least it was tied down,some people wouldn't bother.

You mean like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No need for a P4, just learn how to fly!

Usually more like this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.