To Ask? or Not To Ask? That Is The Question......

Reaction score
I will keep this as simple as I can.

I went to a steam engine rally this last weekend.
I asked the organiser and raynet police for permission to go up and get a few aerial pics.
No one wanted to make the decision to say yes or no, so I done it later on in the day anyway, when the crowds had gone home..
A few mins into the flight, a quad bike with blue light on top came over...(one of the guys I asked for permission)..
He loved it, fascinated by it of course.
The friend who I was with was the one who encouraged me to do it anyway.
He was there the next day of the event. He said they were all asking me to go back and do more videos and stills for their future promotions in this little local, annual event. I couldn't go as I went out elsewhere, but it was nice to be asked back..

My friend made this YouTube video

http://youtu.be/Wz93it9Iv68

David DJI H said:

I asked the organiser and raynet police for permission to go up and get a few aerial pics.
No one wanted to make the decision to say yes or no, so I done it later on in the day anyway, when the crowds had gone home..
A few mins into the flight, a quad bike with blue light on top came over...(one of the guys I asked for permission)..
He was there the next day of the event. He said they were all asking me to go back and do more videos and stills for their future promotions in this little local, annual event. I couldn't go as I went out elsewhere, but it was nice to be asked back..

I would always ask, and if no one responds than you can always say you tried to ask, but officials didn't give you answers.

I always ask too, I have permission for a few upcoming events, and I am selective to where and how so not to breach any UK rules as I want to publish the video.

David DJI H said:

In a situation like that I would ask. It's funny how most are curious and nice about it but some are the opposite.

PEOPLE are all warm and fuzzy till something goes wrong , this is my thinking ,so i avoid crowds and anything to expensive to fix .

Very good idea to ask first. Shortly after I got my P2V I called and ask the top ranger at our State park about flying around an historical building on the beach. I was advised there are a very few endangered birds nesting in that area. If I had not asked, I could have "buzzed" the birdies and got into trouble. Since I like birdies I did not go there. He said OK later in the season when they are done with nesting.
Best to ask.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.