To all you 1.08ers out there: Thinking of going to 3.06??

Reaction score
I have been running 1.08 so successfully for 2 months now, but I am itching a bit for all the latest features. Like GS, and now the new battery feature. And I wish we knew what the "other bug fixes" were. I am still leery however about the geofence, and the airport limits mucking with the GPS, and the performance differences. I wonder if I can revert to 1.08 from 3.06 if I don't like it?

All thoughts appreciated.

Re: To all you 1.08ers out there: Thinking of going to 3.06

One other significant bug feature mentioned is the magnetic declination fix.
Allegedly. I believe this is designed to cure the J hook and TBE present during that first minute of flight

phantomguy said:
Allegedly. I believe this is designed to cure the J hook and TBE present during that first minute of flight

I need to learn more about the declination issue and if it affects me at all. I don't experience TBE or the J hook, but it does take a few minutes for my phantom to fly exactly along an axis I expect. i.e. stick forward flies slightly to an angle to the right at first, which disappears after a few minutes.

BlackTracer said:
I have been running 1.08 so successfully for 2 months now, but I am itching a bit for all the latest features. Like GS, and now the new battery feature. And I wish we knew what the "other bug fixes" were. I am still leery however about the geofence, and the airport limits mucking with the GPS, and the performance differences. I wonder if I can revert to 1.08 from 3.06 if I don't like it?

All thoughts appreciated.

I see no reason not to be able to switch back to 1.08 if you don't like 3.06.

BlackTracer said:
phantomguy said:

I need to learn more about the declination issue and if it affects me at all. I don't experience TBE or the J hook, but it does take a few minutes for my phantom to fly exactly along an axis I expect. i.e. stick forward flies slightly to an angle to the right at first, which disappears after a few minutes.

My Phantoms have always had the J hook upon first take off (located in Virginia) regardless of any conditions. I launch hover, send it out about 20 feet forward, let go of the sticks, and she curves to the right, and back, then either settles in or does a mild TBE.

After flying around or even letting it hover for about 45 seconds or so? Repeating the same (flying forward about 20 feet or so then letting go of the sticks) results in the phantom coming to a stop and coming to an almost immediate steady hover/operating as it's designed. No curving to the right or hooking at all.

Ive simply gotten used to letting it settle in before long distance flight at this point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4